Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV and hypopneas
RE: ASV and hypopneas
I started with the Resmed Mirage Swift II, then moving to the Swift LT, and FX before finally moving to the Airfit P10 a couple years ago. None of the other nasal pillow designs comes close to the comfort, quietness and air-diffusion of the Airfit P10. Keep in mind, you may need to spread the split strap to make it fit looser and not pull on your nose. It takes some people about a week to adjust to a nasal pillow mask, but when my wife started using one, she never complained, so YMMV.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ASV and hypopneas
You likely tried the Swift Fx if it was a Resmed Nasal Pillow mask 10 years ago. It might be worth giving the P10 Airfit a try. Many folks who have used the Swift liked the P10 better. You'll only know if you try it.

The F20 is a great FFM, no question. If you want to go the FFM route, that is the one I would recommend to try. But many really like the F10 also. Overall, most people agree the F20 is an improved version of the F20. But not everyone...

I've used the F20 and much prefer the Airfit P10 for it's minimalist approach yet excellent performance and great comfort. I do have to use a chinstrap with it (since my mouth tends to want to open) but that is a small price to pay in my opinion. As long as you have a good chinstrap.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 234 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Does EPAP or IPAP control hypopneas? MrIvanDrago 3 247 02-29-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Help Please - Hypopneas remain with BIPAP Newby 0 172 02-25-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Newby
  Hypopneas resolved, CA's persist--help! AZAwake 5 455 01-20-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Central Hypopneas suddenly! Kingsway 4 522 11-19-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Newly diagnosed - mostly centrals & hypopneas - advice please :) sleepymum81 5 895 08-31-2023, 09:32 PM
Last Post: jwest
  [Treatment] Difficulty with TECSA and Hypopneas jjl468 7 1,033 08-14-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: jjl468

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.