Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How does ResMed EPR affect AHI
How does ResMed EPR affect AHI
I am back on CPAP therapy after a 5 year break. After a week of looking at the data I am currently using an auto setting of 10-15 and EPR off. At 10 breathing against the pressure is not too bad but I have a significant amount of difficulty exhaling against 15. I understand that EPR can help with that but was advised to turn it off. What am I looking for in the data to decide why EPR should be on or off?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How does ResMed EPR affect AHI
Welcome to the forum, and welcome back after your break.

Please post your daily charts. They will tell us a lot about what is currently going on. See the Organize link in my signature for what to include.

Do you have a history of Central Apnea, are you having any CA events? These, in in a significant numbre indicate a need to decrease EPR.
A school of thought is to NOT use EPR because it MIGHT cause Central Apneas. Higher Pressure might cause Central Apnea as well, by that thinking no one should use CPAP because CPAP MIGHT cause Central Apnea. I am a use it initially assuming it will not be an issue, and for most it is not, and if it is to react to it and adjust settings as appropriate.
Post Reply Post Reply
In this other thread of yours, lots of CA were evident. That would be a reason not to add EPR.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...or-results
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In your case, based on the data you presented here, I ALMOST gave you extremely BAD ADVICE.  If you left off the part about someone recommended you not use EPR I would have done so.
IN YOUR CASE, you should NOT use EPR as I stated in your other thread.

ALWAY keep your posts that are even remotely about your therapy together!!!

My post above was intended to be completely general and not at all related to your case.

BTW, Thanks Dave.
Post Reply Post Reply
No problem bonjour. I'd stick with the advice from the prior thread to keep EPR off.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope that I'm not going off-topic, but I wanted to ask you why you took a break from CPAP therapy? 

Seems like quite a few have done and do that for one reason or another.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do mask types affect xpaps rise in eye pressure? Happyeyes 4 364 01-12-2024, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Does Slimline vs Standard vs 3m Tubing Affect AirCurve 10 Response Time? KeepSmiling 2 964 11-15-2022, 01:40 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  Why would cushion size affect how well I breathe? theredheadsaid 14 1,423 07-29-2022, 07:51 PM
Last Post: theredheadsaid
  [Health] Does a glass of wine affect sleep? lukazi 8 885 03-06-2022, 06:50 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Diet [affect on Sleep Apnea] E.W. 6 1,609 07-13-2019, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Bubba45
  [CPAP] Does the infarction affect the breathing in the device? lech 180 14,642 07-06-2019, 09:35 AM
Last Post: lech
  Had another sleep study last night. Can home air quality/allergen affect sleep apnea? MyronH 9 2,128 10-11-2018, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Cpapian

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.