Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I’m at my wits end [Resmed S9 VPAP error message]
I’m at my wits end [Resmed S9 VPAP error message]
So a month ago my dog got out of her cage, and chewed up my mask and hose.  In the process of that she knocked my machine off of the night stand onto the hardwood floor, didn’t think anything of it ordered a new mask and hose off of amazon. Go to start using the machine that night it was on and shut off in about 10 min the a fault that said “humidifier fault: replace humidifier”. So I buy a new humidifier online, get it a week later. Go to use it same thing “humidifier fault:replace humidifier”. So after a few days of research come to find out that it maybe the machine itself. So I purchased a refurbished unit online, I get it and go to use it and the same fault code comes up. I emailed the comapny and before they emailed me back I had already had tracking number for another unit and humidifier. I get that unit this afternoon and get it home was messing around with it getting it ready for this evening was doing a leak testing and I get the same fault code. Now I have my “possibly broken”unit and the two complete units that they have sent me and not a one of them work through the night. Any thoughts? Could it possibly have something to do with the ambient humidity of the house? Never had an issue before my unit fell on the floor. And the company has no idea
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I’m at my wits end
Just a shot in the dark but did you replace the power cord?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
No have not, but they did send me one and I will try that right now
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2018, 08:59 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Just a shot in the dark but did you replace the power cord?

Bingo. That's what I just thought. Oh no. We're thinking alike... Coffee

(02-27-2018, 09:09 PM)Odonnell84 Wrote: No have not, but they did send me one and I will try that right now

I'd try that. I'm guessing the power pin at the machine end broke off in the fall.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Once my cpap fell on the ground the world has never been the same since. I live in constant anxiety now. Jokes aside, its either the power cord or you just get someone elses faulty unit as a 'new' one. Happens all the time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies
Post Reply Post Reply
Quite welcome. Find a fix or culprit yet?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hope you get your therapy back on track. Interested to know if the power cord fixes your dilemma.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I’m at my wits end [Resmed S9 VPAP error message]
My suspenders are killing me!  Laugh-a-lot Have you got a fit for it yet?   Dont-know
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok folks the power cord is not the issue. I started warming the water, went to use the bathroom and by the time I got back it had already thrown the fault code
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 335 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
Gross DreamStation Error Front Panel drouou 2 185 02-10-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: drouou
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,791 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Error 1 Rafael Bezerra 1 326 12-20-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,172 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 315 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.