Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

And the Saga Continues
And the Saga Continues
As I said, the saga continues. My wife changed sleep docs as we both felt we were getting nowhere with her old one. Every time you called the office, you got voice mail and it would take days to call back. My wife got a replacement Dreamstation (3rd one in 2 years) as when the second one was powered up, it told us to call tech support. So, we got a new machine. When they went to program the machine, the RT said she had never seen settings like hers and what was there was not good for someone with mostly centrals. The RT tied to call the doc to verify the settings and yhe doc blew her and wouldn't answer her calls either.

So, my wife gets a new sleep doc (who was specifically trained and certificated in sleep medicine). She took one look at the paperwork and records (what little there were) and said there wasn't enough to work with and get a good treatment plan set up. My wife got a call today to see if she could do a diagnostic study tonight which of course we said yes. Her sleep doc will be the one reading the study and then will make her determination on where to go from there.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: And the Saga Continues
Unfortunately, this “saga” all seems to be the norm in the Sleep Apnea world.

Hopefully, with the new doctor, your wife will get the proper machine and better treatment.

Ask for a copy of her sleep study.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: And the Saga Continues
Please don't feed the ducks Homer. Hope the doc change helps.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 608 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  mystery continues: initial burst of AHIs first hour of sleep renoir 17 2,273 01-01-2020, 03:52 AM
Last Post: renoir
  [Treatment] AHI continues high Elvis 28 3,315 11-11-2019, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Elvis
  The Replacement Machine Saga Dart67 6 1,383 05-11-2019, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  The Mask Search Continues... DoubtFire61 2 1,017 03-16-2019, 12:24 AM
Last Post: DarciWantsToSleep
  Bernerbits' ongoing CPAP/meds/insomnia saga bernerbits 63 10,004 11-23-2016, 10:45 AM
Last Post: richb
  the mask saga continues worn_out_in_lebanon 17 4,738 05-01-2015, 03:57 PM
Last Post: JVinNE

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.