Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI raising
AHI raising
I have had my machine for over 2 years now and my AHI has always been between 0.0 - 0.2, which was fantastic as when I did my sleep study I stopped breathing 2-3 times a minute so going to 2 times an hour at the most is great, but over last 2 weeks they have been spiking a lot ranging from 0.5-0.6 and I am waking up feeling like crap and feeling like i haven't slept, though I have... last night it was up to 0.9,starting to worry a little as I am not sure why this is happening, any ideas of why this would be doing this now, nothing has changed, any advise would be very greatfully received
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI raising
G'day and welcome to the forum.

An AHI of 0.9 is regarded as very well treated and most people would regard that as an excellent result. Are you sure it's 0.9 and not 9 that you're getting?

If you've had a sudden change in AHI try to think of changes in your environment or sleeping habits. Have you noticed extra mask leaks, any change in work / home life, eating / drinking or partying? New bed or new pillow? Coughs and colds?
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe it is 9, it shows as 0.9 on my machine, last night was 0.1 so not sure what is going on... I have noticed that I am not sleeping as soundly as I used to, i am waking up up a few times in the night so maybe that is what the problem is... thank you so much for your response
Post Reply Post Reply
Any AHI shown as a decimal is less than 1 per hour. That sounds pretty good.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pressure not raising during flow limitations Rebdr 2 337 10-26-2023, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Rebdr
  PhillipsRespironics is no longer automatically raising pressure LesliePR 5 787 01-27-2021, 10:19 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Help: CPAP Pressure raising too quickly to abnormal level Bossnore 8 1,156 12-20-2020, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Bossnore
  Tried a few things to lower my AHI only to end up raising it Lanco 8 3,364 09-08-2016, 09:55 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
Rainbow Raising Head of Bed? linn 12 4,392 11-30-2015, 07:49 AM
Last Post: linn
  Widow raising awareness Dreamcatcher 0 2,414 08-04-2012, 01:12 AM
Last Post: Dreamcatcher
  raising your bed to a 30degree angle lindaadams1954 13 25,996 07-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Last Post: mikeh99

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.