Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I BELIEVE I JUST MADE A DUMB MISTAKE
I BELIEVE I JUST MADE A DUMB MISTAKE
I needed to take a nap but also wanted to experiment with a different mask.  Now my Oscar data from last night is missing and my nap is reporting.  I thought in the back of my mind that I had read this would happen, but I decided to try anyway.

Now I want that data back.  Is there a way to get it?

Also, I was reading in another thread about some sort of back up for the data, but I don't have exactly the choices that were given regarding what to click on and such.  I am on a MacBook like the other person who wanted to back up their data on import.  What is the correct procedure?

Thanks,
Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I BELIEVE I JUST MADE A DUMB MISTAKE
You are limited to one import per a 24-hour period. Delete the partial day's data in OSCAR and then re-import your data.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Remember that you cannot import ResMed more than once per day.
Delete the day that has the missing data and simply re-import.

Select the day with missing data.
Data/Advanced/Purge Current Selected Day
Reload your SD card
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks

As soon as we figure out this cockamamy nap result I'll try to do that.

Appreciate it.

Phoebe
Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your nap data will still be there when you re-import your data but the day's data will also include your nighttime data as well.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You shouldn't be missing any data from last night, just click on the 18th on your calendar to view it. The nap should be showing up as tonights data (19th).

You will need to delete the nap data in order to upload tonights data when you go to do so tomorrow. Steps as per Bonjours post.
Post Reply Post Reply
He all.

Now remember, as my signature line states, I get quite befuddled at times.  I DO understand I can only read the data off the SD card once in a 24 hour period.  Is the 24 hour period figured exactly at 24 hours?

I did not do anything yet to delete yesterday's nap data.  But today I found out that I also left the SD card out of the machine when I ultimately went to bed last night.  So I have no sleep data for actual bedtime last night.

When I realized this today, I put the SD card back in the machine.  Then  I took another nap today. It seems as if I had a little conflicting instruction yesterday with the responses on hot to just delete yesterday's nap.  At least that is what it appears as to me.  But maybe not.

What exactly should I do now?  I really want to see my data now with the mask I used for my nap this afternoon.  But I also want to be able to record tonight's sleep.  Does this mean tomorrow morning when I load the SD card to see tonight's data tomorrow morning I'll see....?

I really appreciate your patience while I try to figure this out.

Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:I DO understand I can only read the data off the SD card once in a 24 hour

Oscar checks to see if data has already been imported for a date. If data has been imported for that date then it won't reimport.
If you select a date in your daily calendar then goto data->advanced you can delete a date...then reimport it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay Unsure

So the following steps need to be followed to get back on track:

1) Click on the date in my calendar, that would be yesterday the 19th, go to DATA>ADVANCED, perform whatever delete function is provided for that date.

2) Put my SD card in my computer and perform IMPORT.

3) OSCAR will then IMPORT yesterday's nap as my data for yesterday (2/19/20)

4) And it will IMPORT today's nap (2/20/20) as my data so far for today.

5) Then I need to be sure to re-insert SD card into my machine tonight to record tonight's main sleep period which I can then insert into my computer tomorrow morning for tonight's main sleep.

But I'm not sure if it has been 24 hours since yesterday's nap or maybe naps, I don't know because I was so freaking tired.

I hope these steps are correct?

Sincerely,
Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply
A Resmed 24-hour day is from Noon to Noon. The time is based off the clock setting on the machine. It bases the day on when you go to bed and not the actual date when you wake up. That's why the date of the data is listed under the day before you are normally viewing it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question MADE USER NAME CHANGE TO MY COMPUTER: NEED HELP WITH OSCAR ERROR MESSAGE Plmnb 8 902 04-08-2023, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  date change I made in OSCAR caused a big problem LeeKopp 42 3,006 08-06-2021, 10:32 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Changes Made to Machine Settings Joe Bezz 3 593 07-30-2021, 04:22 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  Help Please - I May Have Made my SD Card Unreadable by OSCAR anderson5420 5 785 03-17-2021, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  made a hash of my A10 clock, trying to fix OSCAR cathyf 1 664 03-17-2021, 05:52 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  stupid mistake, messed up my Oscar data fredex 2 644 10-25-2020, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dumb questions Toolbar frozen & imgur CZOscar 7 1,765 10-29-2017, 10:33 AM
Last Post: CZOscar

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.