Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I Can't Sleep Or Stay Asleep
RE: I Can't Sleep Or Stay Asleep
I'm not normally a worrier but when I fall asleep with something on my mind, my brain won't let go of it. I wake up frequently throughout the night. I don't always know how to put those thoughts to sleep, so to speak, and they keep resurfacing. Hopefully your visit to the new eye doctor today alleviated most of your fears and worries.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have now seen three doctors. #2 did extensive tests and said I am ready for surgery now. Scheduled me for pre-op and surgery May 7th. BUT....I was wearing the bad docs' wrong glasses script. There is a medicare protocol and I have to be at a certain level to be approved. stage 2-3

Doc #3 ranked top doctors in Phoenix magazine more than one yr. he too was thorough ( great staff and very helpful/informative) and said it is harder to get a good lens refraction for cataracts lens replacement due to my corneas. He also said not to loose SLEEP over loosing an eye, it never happens and he has also done many Adies pupils with no problems. He apologized for the bad doctors words upsetting me. Risks are so low as to not worry. He also said I would likely see with glasses after as well as I see now or a bit better. I see great as far as I know with this new prescription and if this is my vision for the rest of my life After cataract surgery i will be very happy. He said wait and have it when you need it probably next yr. Come be checked again in a year. He was not pushy and was very nice and I will choose him when the time comes. I do hope Medicare and my secondary ins will be available to pay for it all. Never know with Obamacare.

I would write a letter to doc #1 who upset me, but I doubt it would do anything. It caused a lot of pain and trouble and even took up a lot of your time here giving me support. So a reprieve so to speak. I am also getting progressive clear glasses too. Due to grooming, contacts are not a good option for me, but could possible help too. As for night driving, I will still have haloes, due to messed up corneas and may never choose to drive at night. That I can live with too. So, for now, I am ok. Thank you all again. It was so hard when all I had was #1 opinion and bad bedside manner.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to hear that things worked out well for you. There's nothing like a second opinion.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 152 4 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 269 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 497 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 835 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 44 1,871 03-12-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  [CPAP] Month on CPAP can't stay asleep Trep1018 1 138 03-08-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.