Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I Can't get W7 to do the June updates
Question 
My other Win 7 machine just sits there and searches for the June updates; but never finds them.

I have my machines set to notify; but not download and install. I only select those that say "Security update..." Worked fine in May.

This machine was updated yesterday. My other machine just searches.

I've googled the problem; and checked out a couple of solutions. No joy.
Ideas?
[Image: pBt22Od.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had that happen before. It appears to depend on the chipset of the 'puter. No rhyme or reason.
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply
Both puters have the Intel Z87 chipset.
Post Reply Post Reply

Did you try the troubleshooter?
http://download.microsoft.com/download/F...ic.diagcab

If no other solution works for you, you can try the rollup package. You must use IE to download it otherwise m$ says "you're SOL".

Quote:New Windows 7 SP1 convenience rollup makes image creation much faster

We’re happy to announce today that we’re making available a new convenience rollup for Windows 7 SP1 that will help. This convenience rollup package, available to download from http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/s...?q=3125574, contains all the security and non-security fixes released since the release of Windows 7 SP1 that are suitable for general distribution, up through April 2016. Install this one update, and then you only need new updates released after April 2016.

This convenience update is completely optional; it doesn’t have to be installed and won’t even be offered via Windows Update – you can choose whether or not you want to use it.

To apply this update, you must install the April 2015 servicing stack update for Windows 7 (KB3020369). You can read more about the Convenience rollup update for Windows 7 SP1 here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3125574

I will bet SuperSleeper's box of donuts that it installs the gwX spam though and the download it huge roughly 316MB to 475MB depending on what you need.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2016, 11:54 AM)justMongo Wrote: Both puters have the Intel Z87 chipset.

I had to re-read this. For a moment I thought you said "286" chip set. Wow, that would be old.
Post Reply Post Reply
My June update took 2 1/2 hours to finally list the ones I needed. All the while there was no indication of hard drive activity although Task Manager indicated a steady 50% utilization of CPU. Once it presented the list, downloading and installing them was less than 10 minutes. Strange behavior but not unusual. Just wait it out.
Post Reply Post Reply

Windows Update is shown as running on both W7 computers when viewing local services.
[Image: Windows%20Update.jpg]

But, wuauclt.exe is running only on this machine which I was able to update yesterday.
It shows up in process explorer on this machine -- but not on the other machine that will not update.
I feel like using my Remington 870 repair tool.
[Image: wuauclt.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Finally worked -- took all night.
Looks like Microshaft really wants to use peer-to-peer to distribute updates; stealing our bandwidth.
Post Reply Post Reply
A quick reminder of how Windows 7 now gets nonsecurity updates. On Tuesday, June 21, Microsoft issued KB 3161608, a roll-up update of "optional" fixes for Win7. According to its description, the update includes six patches, including KB 3161647, a fix for the Windows Update Client (yet another attempt at eliminating long update-scanning times in Windows Update).
Post Reply Post Reply

I opted to install the KB947821 System Update Readiness Tool which is claimed to sort the Windows update slow issue. It's a 538 MB download so be warned it may take quite a while if you don't have a fast connection. Then running the tool took about 15 minutes. After it completed, the check for updates scan took less than a minute! I hope it lasts...

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Win 7 March 2016 updates to avoid justMongo 15 1,270 04-14-2016, 05:25 PM
Last Post: becker44a
  Any Win7 updates to avoid for Nov 2015 justMongo 11 1,289 11-16-2015, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
Question W7 updates KB2999226 and KB3083710 justMongo 1 1,509 10-18-2015, 06:22 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  Uelzen 25 June 14 justMongo 1 630 06-26-2014, 12:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper