Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I:E ratio?
RE: I:E ratio?
As long as you can see both the inspiration time and expiration time, you can divide Expiration by Inspiration and know the ration is 1 to the result of that calculation. All we are looking for is that I is equal or less than E which suggests a normal range. The accuracy of what is reported by the machine needs to be confirmed by looking at the flow rate chart anyway. Inspiration and expiration time is subject to a lot of inaccuracy, especially with any flow limitation, leaks or breathing anomalies. With a few exceptions, this is not a particularly valuable metric, especially without examination of the flow rate.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
yes, thanks, earlier posts made me aware of the issues with the metric. still, if anyone cares to address my (dumb) questions, I'd be grateful.

1. accuracy of calculation aside, is there a way I can display I:E Ratio in SH 1.0.0 beta2 broken gl with a resmed asv?

2. why do my machine settings under daily tab say no to patient access and some folks' say yes? and what does patient access get us access to?

thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
If I understand your question correctly, you are looking for the advanced sleep report data on your ASV's data screen. Just go into settings and set Essentials to Plus instead of ON.

As far as Sleepyhead is concerned, some machines display the I:E ratio and some don't. If the program does not include that output, it cannot be added through settings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
okay, thanks for trying Sleeprider! I'd rather understand than not, but as you might have implied, these two items aren't worth losing sleep over or continuing this distraction from the topic of I:E. just letting you know I've had Essentials Plus checked on my machine from day one but there's no I:E Ratio and Patient Access is "No". looks like my machine or SH is incapable of calculating I:E Ratio, even inaccurately, and maybe what I don't know about what I as patient don't have access to won't hurt me, as they say. If anyone has any other ideas, great, maybe PM me and if there's a result useful to others I'll post it here; otherwise we can let it go. (eventually) I'll ask my other dumb questions in new threads.
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as "patient access" in Sleepyhead, I don't know where Mark Watkins pulled that data. Mine says the same thing, and there is NOTHING that can be done to change it. When Mark wrote the program, he included I:E ratio on some devices and not on others. As you concluded, it is not worth losing sleep, and if I:E ratio is continued for any machines after OSCAR 1.0, It will be done the same for all machines. Prsonally, I don't see much value in it. If you under stand the ratio, you can easily calculate it yourself, or tell at a glance that I is less time than E and that is normal. In most cases where I is more time than E, it is an error by by the machine sensors...ask any Dreamstation user.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Definition for I:E ratio jjsjr249 3 1,791 12-26-2018, 04:42 PM
Last Post: jjsjr249

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.