Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I Feel So Dumb - Climateline Hose
I Feel So Dumb - Climateline Hose
After 30 days of using my new Resmed 10 machine, I was doing pretty well, but thought there was something wrong with it, because the air coming through the Climateline hose seemed cold, not nice and heated, even though the machine was saying it was heated.

I was going to make a warranty claim, and then looked at the instructions, and realized I had the wrong end plugged into the machine. I guess reading the instructions is a good thing.

Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I Feel So Dumb - Climateline Hose
The heated hose is also not a heater for the air. It keeps the plastic just warm enough to stop rainout if your room is cold. Any heat will be caused by the humidity control and the warm water (humidity) in the air flow.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-05-2016, 05:06 PM)PoolQ Wrote: The heated hose is also not a heater for the air. It keeps the plastic just warm enough to stop rainout if your room is cold. Any heat will be caused by the humidity control and the warm water (humidity) in the air flow.

Hmm, I'll see what happens when I flip it. I was plugging the plain end into the machine, and the end with the metal connection thingies into the mask, so maybe that helps to heat it? I'll see how it works tonight when I flip it, because the air blowing into my face was definitely cool.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some people say they notice a difference with the heated hose. Some people don't.

I've never noticed any difference in the temperature of the air reaching my face.

The job of the heated hose is not to warm the air at all. It is to warm the hose to prevent condensation. if the room is really, really cold, then in heating up to prevent the condensation, it may heat up the air, too. But then, so would the humidified air coming from the humidifier as it would be warmer as well. So who knows?

I keep meaning to do tests. My brother works with flow meters and has thermometers and containers and stuff for it to be all scientific. But each time I go up to visit him, it's because someone is sick and we never have the energy or time to do it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I totally notice a difference in the temperature of the air. I crank it to the max, and that small diff is the difference in me being able to tolerate it or not! Smile

I have an S9... trying to imagine how the fixture would even fit backwards. Now I have to look at my sons a10 vauto, I know they are different...
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
It's not easy to do on an S9. And the ClimateLine falls off very easily if you forget the humidifier and try to put it on the blower unit.

I have never noticed a temp difference. I have tried it on purpose but, nope. Tried with both the Simplus and the Nuance.

The only temp difference I have noticed is in the summer, i like to keep a wrist near the vent so it keeps me cool. And in the winter, I can feel the warm air, then cool, then warm, then cool from the vent as I breathe. The warm is when I breathe out.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't even know that was possible. The humidifier and heated hose work best if the auto climate control is turned off, and humidity and hose heat are set manually. Also, the hose is a lot more comfortable and warmer if you put it in a fleece hose cover.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-05-2016, 06:09 PM)Violetskyye Wrote:
(10-05-2016, 05:06 PM)PoolQ Wrote: The heated hose is also not a heater for the air. It keeps the plastic just warm enough to stop rainout if your room is cold. Any heat will be caused by the humidity control and the warm water (humidity) in the air flow.

Hmm, I'll see what happens when I flip it. I was plugging the plain end into the machine, and the end with the metal connection thingies into the mask, so maybe that helps to heat it? I'll see how it works tonight when I flip it, because the air blowing into my face was definitely cool.
The three metal contacts on the hose need to mate with the corresponding contacts on the machine for it to work, so flipping ends should work. I can't imagine the mask fitting right with the heating element weighing it down when when the hose is reversed.

Post Reply Post Reply
I never preheat the humidifier and in the summer and fall I use the standard hose. When I start up I get nice cool air on my face and as the humidifier gets warmed up the air gets warmer. After a while I can not even feel the air flow. Except for the mask on my face it feels like I am breathing in open atmosphere.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
It actually does fit backward, because the round end going to the machine is the same as the end where the mask goes., except when I had it backward, the metal parts were not fit into the machine. I did flip it and connect it correctly, but the air still seems cool, and the hose does not feel warm. I thought the hose would feel a little warm if it's working. The air going to my face still feels cool to me, so I don't know if that's normal, or if it should feel warm. I have humidity at 6, and temp at auto, and the symbols for the humidifier and heat show nothing wrong.

Maybe I'm imagining a problem where none exists? My room is pretty warm, about 74 degrees. The water tub is emptying, and there doesn't appear to be water in the hose or mask. I would just like some gentle warm air, rather than cold air blowing in my face.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 761 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 272 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 941 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 834 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question Hose volume Willw 4 219 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 772 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  Dumb Question - Just nervous and want some clarification kc90 5 296 02-09-2024, 10:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.