Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I Feel better! (And You Can Too!)
Cool 
I Feel better! (And You Can Too!)
It's been 3-4 months now since I started APAP, and about three weeks since I got "settled" and everything seems comfortable. And wow, am I feeling better!

-I have...energy!
-My depression is receding to a little blip and is not the millstone it has felt like for years.
-I'm able focus at work and write my reports EASILY. It's not the struggle it was.
-I am redoing a bathroom-because I can! Cool

My AHI's bounce between 0.1 and 2.5. But it doesn't matter, because I feel better. Amazing what sleep and oxygenation can do for you!

All the help and comments on here have been great! Keep at it, don't give up, give your body time to get adjusted, try a new mask if your current one doesn't seem to work, etc. etc.

You guys were right, it does take time for the body to heal from the sleep deprivation. Even after starting therapy I was a bit better but still tired. But this past week really showed me the change in myself. I was whipping off tasks and readings. I am cleaning my office and files this week. That made me realize how different I feel today (and the past several) from the usual.

Thanks so much to everyone here for the thoughts and comments and suggestions and support. My next step will be to reduce flipping my machine off the night table to less than once a week!

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I Feel better! (And You Can Too!)
trailrider,
Thanks for sharing, and glad you are doing so well!
You are right in saying it takes time. Your body has a lot of healing to do and everyone is different.
I have been on therapy for a little over 5 months now. I know I felt good after just a few days, but now I am starting to see lower AHI numbers and have a lot more energy than I thought possible.
OpalRose
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice to hear your great results, Trailgirl. Keep in touch!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi trailrider,It's good to hear that you are feeling better and have more energy.
GREAT JOB,! keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 182 11 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 86 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 827 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 324 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,013 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 895 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.