Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I "Fixed" Wisp Mask Velcro...
I "Fixed" Wisp Mask Velcro...
The velcro like straps on my Wisp mask had started to let go and not stick very well. I used a nose hair trimmer to shave the material side as it had a pile of loose fibers. On the other side I used a needle to clean all the fibers and debris from the little teeth. This fixed the velcro.

I also used Gorilla Tape to repair parts of the mask that were starting to give way.

This may seem silly to some, but when paying out of pocket, I make them last...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I "Fixed" Wisp Mask Velcro...
inventive, like
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been curious about that very thing. Had a set o headgear where the velcro would no longer hold well enough. I will give your fix a try. Thanks for the post.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi player,
GREAT JOB,! However you can make things work for you, that's what counts, thanks for the very helpful post and keep up the good work.

trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The next thing I will try if needed is gluing actual Velco to the mask fabric.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great idea as mine will soon come to that. My headband is starting to peel back on the darker material (inside facing) part after using it since 1st qtr 2016. Just started on my 3rd nasal cushion. The 2nd one started leaking and just won't stop. Think it's complaining of being overworked - may just boil it to see if it behaves for a while longer. Comparing side-by-side, the part where the cushion sits on the nose bridge appears to have a wider gap compared to the old one. That explains where the leaks are coming from.
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
The back strap/head part is $37 usd on it's own...

Post Reply Post Reply
Get double sided Velcro,cut to fit strap. Works great Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
Our vet has a little container of small combs with very small teeth on the counter to take to comb dogs and cats to see if they have fleas. They are free--and work well to clean fuzz and threads out of velcro.
Post Reply Post Reply
The beauty of the Wisp head band is it's got two white clips at the bottom end. That means once the position of the velcros are firmed up, they don't need to be adjusted. Do whatever you want where the Velcro meets the band. Tape it, glue it, etc. whatever that works. Putting on and removing the mask depends only on securing the 2 white clips.
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 141 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 203 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Wisp stats mousetrap 6 3,554 09-08-2023, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Velcro Issues - Fisher and Paykel Vitera cmpman1974 6 703 08-03-2023, 05:57 PM
Last Post: car54
  Fixed pressure BIPAP vrs Auto BIPAP (UARS) tugboatxd 0 689 03-29-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: tugboatxd
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.