Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I HAD A DREAM!!!
RE: I HAD A DREAM!!!
Greetings 2tired2sleep,

I had not had any dreams that I could remember for years prior to my APAP. Once I got my APAP I started remembering, probably started having, dreams. Wonderful experience!

OK, not all dreams are "happy", but just to know that I was having REM sleep was great news. And, Sleepyhead software backed up my perception of the decrease in apnea events.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have always had dreams. Sometimes good, sometimes not so good, sometimes a little goofy (don't know where those come from).

But recently I was on Hydrocodone for a couple of weeks due to a puppy inflicted injury. Man, the dreams I had when I took one of those things before going to bed? Too weird, even for Payton.

I finally quite taking that stuff anytime after 7:00 pm until the next morning.

Post Reply Post Reply
That's awesome that you are dreaming now. I still haven't gotten there. People don't believe me, but it's just a blank period of time for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
BananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBanana

I have really weird (normal) dreams since starting cpap.... all jumbled and bizarre. I used to dream "coherently" whole stories that made sense. Guess I was half awake that whole time!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Cheers all you dreamers and hope for you soon to be dreamers! Last night was the most time on my machine 7 whole hours, but....felt more tired than ever! I suspect my "time" is not as productive as I'd like?!? Felt wiped out all day, eyes burn'in, headaches, etc...
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2015, 10:43 PM)2tired2sleep Wrote: Cheers all you dreamers and hope for you soon to be dreamers! Last night was the most time on my machine 7 whole hours, but....felt more tired than ever! I suspect my "time" is not as productive as I'd like?!? Felt wiped out all day, eyes burn'in, headaches, etc...

Sorry to hear that you had a "wiped out" day. I am wondering if you had a mask leak during the night - that would certainly be a cause for a wiped out day.

May I assume you are washing the mask daily and cleaning your face before you put the mask on? I have found this makes a big difference in comfort and effectiveness.

I noted that software you are using is ReScan - personally, I much prefer Sleepyhead software. To me, it is more understandable and the info is much more evident.

Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2015, 10:43 PM)2tired2sleep Wrote: Cheers all you dreamers and hope for you soon to be dreamers! Last night was the most time on my machine 7 whole hours, but....felt more tired than ever! I suspect my "time" is not as productive as I'd like?!? Felt wiped out all day, eyes burn'in, headaches, etc...

Hey Doubletired, sorry you had a crummy night. You'll have good nights and crappy nights. But the good news is you'll have way more of the good variety than the crappy variety.

When I get one of those, I go "back to the basics:" Are my leak numbers ok? Not zero, just not in the goofy range. Some leakage is very normal and expected. Very low, or zero leakage can be attributed to a two tightly screwed on mask, which can cause headaches, being wiped out, etc.

Eyes burning? Could be leakage. You'll have a better understanding about that when you really spend some quality time diagnosing your night.

What about the events themselves? I look at ahi, but if I really want to understand something I look at what kind of events, when they happened, were they spaced throughout the night or grown in cute little gardens... that sort of stuff. Then I look to see why they are doing what they're doing. Once again leaks, or lack of leaks could be a contributor.

Finally, if everything else looks great, maybe I need to investigate the pizza I ate shortly after putting on my mask. Or my sleeping position. Or both.

You'll be fine, for me almost invariably after I had one of the crappy sort of nights I follow it with a great one.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is a dream I can't remember... Still have not got any but hopefully soon
Post Reply Post Reply
@ the magician - so, you are saying that you really do not recall if you have had a dream in the last 5 years using your S8, and now with the past few days with the S9?

otherwise, are you feeling better now that you switched for this trial/titration period?

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 952 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
Exclaimation [Diagnosis] 2 Yrs CPAP & I Still Don't Dream - Eliminated Obstructive But Central Apneas Present droo 5 532 08-31-2023, 07:18 PM
Last Post: droo
Question Resmed AirTouch F20 on Dream Station 2: X factor? SleeperAwake21 1 437 05-19-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: SleeperAwake21
Question Dream Station 2 stats sallym 4 761 02-20-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: sallym
  Dream station 2 apap starting therapy above minimum setting HelicopterPilot 7 855 02-03-2023, 05:20 PM
Last Post: HelicopterPilot
  ketanerp - Excessive dream, dizziness and sleep apnea. ketanerp 17 1,772 12-26-2022, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Equipment] Dream Station 2 Humidifier Daddyo 2 559 12-22-2022, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Daddyo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.