Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I HAD A DREAM!!!
I HAD A DREAM!!!
Something as simple as a dream, an everyday occurrence for the lucky, unobstructed masses; my dream last night was to me, like the rainbow must have been to Noah! My 4th night with CPAP, still adjusting, trying different masks, humidity settings, etc... the night was still not GREAT, I had "events", (5 being considerably better than 67) and by sheer force of will, not comfort or ease, I was determined to keep the mask on my face...all of that considered...I HAD A DREAM! And it is exciting! I was literally dancing down the hallway this morning to the amazement of my 13, 11, and 9 year old kids.

Still, like the poet Robert Frost said, I have "miles to go before I sleep"!

BUT...like Dr. Martin Luther King... I HAD A DREAM!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I HAD A DREAM!!!
Congrats!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats. I'm jealous. I can't wait to have a dream again
Post Reply Post Reply
Most people don't remember their dreams even though they have lots of them. So the fact that you remembered a dream doesn't mean you weren't dreaming already. But is nice to know that you are in fact getting some dream time in, that's for sure.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Dreams are good, but don't be surprised if some of them are really odd. Just compare it to the time you got rid of the training wheels on your first bike and went tearing all over the neighborhood. That is what is happening here - the brain is getting REM sleep and doesn't know what to do with itself.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply
HA! Thanks all. Homer...you are CORRECT sir! I did not say it was a "good" dream. I was enlisted again (USMC), only this time I was breaking up a fight b/w Marines instead of being engaged in one...what got really weird is that I apparently got inebriated afterward, and woke up in a strange place, slightly panicked because I didn't know where I was! (Did I mention I'm a pastor now!?!) ha! Thanks eseedhouse...my sleep study showed a complete absence of REM sleep (0%), hence, the lack of dreams...I think! Either way, strange or not, I want more!!! :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi 2tired2sleep,
CONGRATULATIONS!, though this dream wasn't a pleasant one, hopefully as you continue your CPAP therapy, the dreams will get better, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I know how you feel I also had no REM sleep and I started dreaming again odd dreams but dreams no less
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting thread.
I had not dreamed for years until the first night on the hose. I took an Ambien, attached the mask, flipped on the machine and the next thing I remember... I was walking in a candy store about 5 o'clock in the afternoon...I happened to be walking around nude for reasons unknown to me. Unfazed by my appearance, the lady at the counter stated that the candy store was closing but I was welcome to enter the back room. When I stepped inside the back room, I also stepped 150 years in the past, for I entered a brothel where there were ladies in waiting, so to speak. The room was dark where the only light was a single kerosene lantern. There was cigar smoke in the air and Confederate soldiers sitting around the room in old chairs. I remember that some of the chairs were the rocking type. One of the soldiers spoke and told me it was alright to enter. The dream ended abruptly here. I woke up...damn those obstructive apneas! TRUE STORY
OSCAR ROCKS
Post Reply Post Reply
HAHA! Coolbranch...sometimes a cigar is just a cigar!!! HA! Great dream!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 951 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
Exclaimation [Diagnosis] 2 Yrs CPAP & I Still Don't Dream - Eliminated Obstructive But Central Apneas Present droo 5 532 08-31-2023, 07:18 PM
Last Post: droo
Question Resmed AirTouch F20 on Dream Station 2: X factor? SleeperAwake21 1 437 05-19-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: SleeperAwake21
Question Dream Station 2 stats sallym 4 760 02-20-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: sallym
  Dream station 2 apap starting therapy above minimum setting HelicopterPilot 7 852 02-03-2023, 05:20 PM
Last Post: HelicopterPilot
  ketanerp - Excessive dream, dizziness and sleep apnea. ketanerp 17 1,771 12-26-2022, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Equipment] Dream Station 2 Humidifier Daddyo 2 558 12-22-2022, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Daddyo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.