Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I HAVE A NEW MACHINE... and you're gonna hate me.
Grin 
I have just purchased a new Resmed S9 with all the buttons and whistles.. heated hose... regular hose for the summer...carry case... 2 dozen filters... 2 cases of water... (I don't use the humidifier so I'll use it for coffee) the works... for: are you sitting down?? $400.

It fell off the back of a truck.... Grin

No.. seriously.. I was at the right place at the right time. A store closing sale.

No one knew what the hell it was... but I did..!!! I bid and got it. Lolabove

I previously have had 2 - S8's.. and after setting up the S9 WOW it's wonderful. It's quieter, smoother, easier to use. I'm so impressed.

I just wanted to brag... forgive me.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's great Snuffles. Now set that puppy up and enjoy it. I see your cpap setting is 17, so if that's true I'd suggest setting your new one up at minimum @14, max 20 and see how it goes.

Good luck, and Good Job!

p.s. all the buttons? Yeah they're great --- and the whistles? Umm, not my idea of a good time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you get the S9 AUTOSET?
Post Reply Post Reply

Ok you got me.. what's an "Autoset"?

It's just a Resmed S9 Elite...

(08-18-2014, 02:13 PM)bwexler Wrote: Did you get the S9 AUTOSET?

Post Reply Post Reply
Autoset is the autoPAP S9. You can set a range of pressure vs one set pressure. The Elite is an excellent machine and congrats on the deal!
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi snuffles
Your profile shows "Machine: ResMed Elite II"
The S9 Elite does not have "II" in the name
[Image: ResMed%201.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply

Way to go, Snuffles!
Post Reply Post Reply
No, that is so great.

Congratulations. I don't hate you; I am delighted for your good fortune.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi snuffles,
CONGRATULATIONS! on the new machine.
The S9 Elite is a fixed pressure, data-capable CPAP machine. The AutoSet is an Auto PAP machine where you can set a range of pressures.
Glad you were able to get such a good deal.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

That was my S8.. it is an Elite II. I just acquired my S9. I guess I should change my profile now..Huhsign

(08-18-2014, 03:22 PM)zonk Wrote: Hi snuffles
Your profile shows "Machine: ResMed Elite II"
The S9 Elite does not have "II" in the name
[Image: ResMed%201.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 17 12,848 05-25-2017, 11:07 AM
Last Post: personal111
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 13 545 05-04-2017, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Hate my CPAP! MrsBrando 35 1,335 02-14-2017, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Cranberry Ray
Ohmy I hate this. I'm worried I won't make compliance and will never learn to tolerate it allynpsych 23 2,267 04-13-2016, 02:53 PM
Last Post: palerider
  OMG!!! I hate 3:30 AM!!! Sleepyabby 10 1,209 02-26-2016, 12:55 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
  I hate my P10 so I'm switching back to the Wisp kdmorris410 20 2,851 12-02-2015, 12:13 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] What to do if you HATE your Machine? Lexxus 31 3,591 10-04-2015, 08:09 PM
Last Post: archangle