Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: H5i Cleanable with ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: CPAP-ing since 1995; Type 2 Diabetes; Chronic Asthma; Gout

Sex: Male

Angry I Hate Call-in Centers
Geesh, I've been on hold for the service techs of a major electronic fireplace company for over an hour; I'm now caller #2 after being on hold for 72 minutes. Having to listen to the same little jingle and announcement is driving me CRAZY. All I want to do is ask whether it's possible to replace the components of our circa 2000 fireplace and if so, to do it. Dont-know

I emailed them with the same question and was informed to call the techs. You would have thought that the company's HQ could have answered my question. Huhsign

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
11-08-2012 01:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: I Hate Call-in Centers
Our cable company is the worst for call centers. Even when a field tech is here doing something and they have to call the call center (like a system reset), they start groaning.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
11-08-2012 02:19 PM
PollCat Offline
Apnea Board Polling Administrator
Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: H5i Cleanable with ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18

Other Comments: CPAP-ing since 1995; Type 2 Diabetes; Chronic Asthma; Gout

At the 85 minute mark, the center took my call. It took another 17 minutes to answer my questions and order the necessary parts (which came to a whopping $162). When I asked about ordering online, the tech informed me that her company was only now starting to talk about this. The company has been in business since 1973. Apparently, the company stated mission :"The company’s commitment to innovation has fostered outstanding product development and design excellence." - does not extend to the internet.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
11-09-2012 12:16 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

If I call someone in a call center, and "Sam" with a heavy Indian accent answers, ain't no way I'm giving them my credit card number over the phone. For some of those folks who make the equivalent of $1.45 an hour in an Indian call center, getting your full credit card number, complete with expiration date and card verification code from the back... well.. that's the equivalent to handing over 1 year of their salary to them in cash and expecting everything to be just fine.

But, using a credit card is still safer than using a debit card, because you have some degree of recourse if there are any unauthorized charges. With debit cards, the bank may make you whole, but they're not required to by their debit card agreement usually.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

11-09-2012 09:05 AM
Schnauzers 5 Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Respironics Rem Star A Flex
Mask Make & Model: LT swift for her
Humidifier: Respironics, I guess
CPAP Pressure: 9-14
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
I buy from QVC and HSN and so far they are all in America and speak English with at the best or worst, Southern accent.
11-15-2012 11:56 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
DrWho? Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Philips Respironics/REMstar Pro C-Flex
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: Philips Respionics
CPAP Pressure: 17
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments:

(11-09-2012 09:05 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  If I call someone in a call center, and "Sam" with a heavy Indian accent answers, ain't no way I'm giving them my credit card number over the phone. For some of those folks who make the equivalent of $1.45 an hour in an Indian call center, getting your full credit card number, complete with expiration date and card verification code from the back... well.. that's the equivalent to handing over 1 year of their salary to them in cash and expecting everything to be just fine.

But, using a credit card is still safer than using a debit card, because you have some degree of recourse if there are any unauthorized charges. With debit cards, the bank may make you whole, but they're not required to by their debit card agreement usually.

Here in Australia a fair few companies have outsoursed their call centres to India etc and its a pain as some have a problem with English

I'm not a Doctor but a fan of The Doctor. any views,comments etc are my own
06-04-2014 05:13 PM
Thegirls Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Apex iCH Auto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Apex Wizard 220
Humidifier: Apex
CPAP Pressure: 8-12
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
Angry RE: I Hate Call-in Centers
(11-15-2012 11:56 PM)Schnauzers 5 Wrote:  I buy from QVC and HSN and so far they are all in America and speak English with at the best or worst, Southern accent.

I have personally never had any luck getting a good resolution to any issue when the call center has been outsourced. It is frustrating to say the least. Between the long wait, having to hear a person reading scripts and the disconnect/language barrier, I just hang up and dial again until I get a call center based in the states. It is absurd to have to do this, but it is the only way 1) I have gotten results and 2) avoid the frustration of having to call again anyway because the person either misunderstood or just failed to to do what was agreed. Sigh
06-30-2014 05:42 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Angry I just hate incompetence! mjbearit 12 2,811 06-30-2014 05:54 PM
Last Post: Thegirls
  Oh I hate Windows 7 justMongo 8 1,599 06-23-2014 10:46 AM
Last Post: djjwilly
  I hate the health care system JJJ 13 3,703 07-04-2013 12:30 AM
Last Post: archangle