Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Data Collection - Please educate me.
RE: Data Collection - Please educate me.
graph... ooh.. maybe I did it.

Ok... see how the AHI was 6 to 8 and now it's jumped with the lower leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2013, 12:59 AM)snuffles Wrote: Ok... see how the AHI was 6 to 8 and now it's jumped with the lower leaks.

Snuffles,

It looks like you're having mostly hypopnea's, there could be some central's but the S8 can't differentiate between them.

In your case, when there's no leaks involved, your apnea's are actual hypopnea's and aren't being skewed by a leak, just really shallow breathing.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2013, 12:59 AM)snuffles Wrote: Ok... see how the AHI was 6 to 8 and now it's jumped with the lower leaks.

Hi snuffles

Maybe you are sleeping more on your back after you stopped the leaks.

Sleeping on our back usually makes obstructions worse. If we have an APAP rather than CPAP, the APAP will often adjust itself higher if we roll onto our back while sleeping.

So you could adjust pressure higher, or, better yet, simply try to only sleep on your side.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2013, 12:48 AM)snuffles Wrote: I'm not sure of what events you refer to. On the graph which shows the AHI there are no reported events at all. I see "events/hr" at the left but no numbers on any column. The AHI is now in the 6 to 8 range and AI is usually 0.20 to 0.40.

I'd show a portion of the graph if I could figure out how to put a picture on here.

If you look at the page you posted, near the top and toward the middle, you will see a "Detailed graphs" tab. Click on that and you will be able to open detailed data for one day. It usually presents the latest day to click on, but you can change which day you want to open by clicking on any day to the left. Detailed data will not be available for any day you waited too long to download from the SD card. If you click on your latest day though (the one they present to you in the middle of the screen) it should show you waveform data - a whole new set of detailed graphs. In detailed data the events graph should have little flags showing the duration of events.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2013, 01:26 AM)TheWerkz Wrote:

Snuffles,

It looks like you're having mostly hypopnea's, there could be some central's but the S8 can't differentiate between them.

In your case, when there's no leaks involved, your apnea's are actual hypopnea's and aren't being skewed by a leak, just really shallow breathing.

Yes I am a shallow breather. Always have been. I have to keep looking up these words (hypopnea) you all know and I don't.. Big Grin

And I do sleep on my back most of the time... I was instructed to do so. I'd rather sleep on my left side but trained myself to sleep on my back because of my instructions. I'll try my side... there's easily enough hose.
(02-07-2013, 08:45 AM)jgjones1972 Wrote:
(02-07-2013, 12:48 AM)snuffles Wrote: I'm not sure of what events you refer to. On the graph which shows the AHI there are no reported events at all. I see "events/hr" at the left but no numbers on any column. The AHI is now in the 6 to 8 range and AI is usually 0.20 to 0.40.

I'd show a portion of the graph if I could figure out how to put a picture on here.

If you look at the page you posted, near the top and toward the middle, you will see a "Detailed graphs" tab. Click on that and you will be able to open detailed data for one day. It usually presents the latest day to click on, but you can change which day you want to open by clicking on any day to the left. Detailed data will not be available for any day you waited too long to download from the SD card. If you click on your latest day though (the one they present to you in the middle of the screen) it should show you waveform data - a whole new set of detailed graphs. In detailed data the events graph should have little flags showing the duration of events.

I can't get ResScan to do this... all I get is "No Data Available". I select at the left side but nothing happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
So how many of you have attempted to lose weight to improve Apnea. How successful has that been? The weight loss and Apnea improvement?

I'm aware that people think all obese people have Apnea but that's not true I'm told. Only 40% of the obese have Apnea. The rest are normal people who hate to face the fact they have it.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are dedicated to losing weight the CPAP machine will make it easier to do so. So far I haven't had any success but I am rededicating myself to the task. My goal was to lose one pound per week for 60 consecutive weeks. That was three weeks ago. The first week I gained a pound Oh-jeez

Last week I missed my weekly Sunday morning weigh-in at the gym. We'll find out this Sunday how I'm doing at the end of week three.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2013, 10:55 AM)snuffles Wrote: I can't get ResScan to do this... all I get is "No Data Available". I select at the left side but nothing happens.
make sure to download "all available data" so you get summary and detailed data
[Image: attachment.php?aid=60]

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Help with Data Collection from Airsense 11 TragicKnight 5 615 11-25-2023, 07:47 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Health] Someone please educate me... Jklsr55 1 389 09-07-2022, 02:46 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 801 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  MyAir methodology for collection of use data Ard Diem 4 580 07-01-2021, 09:43 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Dreamstation CPAP vs Aircurve BiPap data? Data over time for Insp/Exp? Desiree 12 2,283 05-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.