Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I Killed OSCAR
Gross 
I Killed OSCAR
Don't know what happened.  Huh   Tried to open OSCAR as usual and got a screen with only OSCAR 1.3 AND MY NAME IN THE UPPER LEFT CORNER. cLICKING ON THAT BROUGHT UP THE (oops--sorry) screen with the profiles listed.  We have 5 there--husband's two old S9 ones and my old Sleepyhead on my old PR560 machine, plus our two current ones on S10 Autoset and my For Her machines.  On the far right side with the Profile information, it says:  Profile:  None.  Under that it says:  Please select or create a profile....  None of the profiles respond when clicked.  The topics at the top left of the screen--File, View, Data, Help--do work.   Where do I go from here?  I'm a complete dummy on the data and records section.

I really don't care if I loose old data as I have a log book for each machine listing all events for the night.  It is late night as I am typing this so will check in tomorrow morning.  Thanks in advance for helping me out!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I Killed OSCAR
The first thing to try is to re-boot your computer. Before going any further, I'll wait to see if this fixes our problem.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Was just going to shut down as your message came in. Did do and restarted. No difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm guessing that you are using Windows and not a Mac or Linux box.  I forgot to ask, did this problem just start?

Checking for the correct data folder and location:
  1. Using your file browser, find your OSCAR_Data folder and note the path to it.
  2. Start OSCAR
  3. Go to the top menu item. Help
  4. Select About OSCAR (last option)
  5. Click the option in blue text on the right side of the popup window, Show data folder
  6. Does the folder path match the one you found in step 1?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for sticking with me.  I'm a slow starter this a.m.--have a mild case of shingles on my right hand and arm--took awhile for meds to take hold so I could use my hand to type.  Followed your instructions.  Paths were different:  #1--This PC>Local Disc C> Users>Admin>Documents>OSCAR_Data.

Went down thru your other steps in OSCAR and this is the path:
ThisPC>Documents>OSCAR_Data
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm guessing that you are using Windows 10.  I don't, so I'm trying to validate another way.  You will be looking for all your user accounts in the "Profiles" folder at each location.  Go to the first location (file browser) and look in the "Profiles" section for all the user accounts.  Now, go to the "Profiles" section of the location listed in OSCAR's "Show data  folder".  Do these match each other?  

Another little trick is to save a little text file, something like "test.txt" in the first location's OSCAR_data file. The file itself can have anything in it (even on word), we are just looking for the file's existence when we view the folder through OSCAR.  If it doesn't appear when viewing it in OSCAR, then they are 2 different locations.  If it is there, then both methods are viewing the same folder location.

Again, did this problem just start?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Problem just started--worked Tuesday a.m. but not when I tried to use it Wednesday a.m. I use Windows 10. Went to the two profiles locations--they match--list the 5 profiles we have used (3 no longer used, 2 active). Not certain how to create and save that test.txt file you suggested.
Post Reply Post Reply
Open a text editor, like notepad.  Save this file using a filename that will stand out, like "test.txt" to the first OSCAR_Data folder location you stated above. This test file can have anything or nothing in it. We are just looking for its name when we look at the OSCAR_Data folder. Again, once you save the file to the first location, start OSCAR and view is data folder location.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Did as told. The test.txt shows up in the OSCAR_Data folder in OSCAR
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, that's good and bad. The good is, you have verified that both locations are the same. The bad is we need to look for another reason for your problem.

When you select a profile name, do you then select the Open Profile on the upper right?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.