Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I Killed OSCAR
RE: I Killed OSCAR
Yes--Open Profile.  A thought--would it be easier to just take the whole thing off the computer and reload it?
Post Reply Post Reply
Just rename the OSCAR_Data folder's name. When you start OSCAR it will prompt you to create a new data folder and then a user. You will still have your old data folder.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The diagnostic logs may provide a clue. Please zip the OSCAR_Data/logs directory and upload it to my Dropbox folder. Please include your forum name in the zip file name so we know who the file is from.

I'll see if there is a clue there about what is happening.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thought I followed instructions but didn't get a prompt for a user. The screen with the 5 profiles came up again and links seem to be grayed out as before. Did notice that in the upper left where it says Profile under File and View it says Statistics. Is that supposed to be there?
Post Reply Post Reply
@Guy: I don't have a clue on how to do any of the procedures you asked--make a zip file, add to Dropbox, etc. I'm computer illiterate in those areas. I really think it would be easier to just clear off the old downloads and start over--don't care about the history so much--except maybe the statistics page.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2021, 01:53 PM)SideSleeper Wrote: ....Paths were different:  #1--This PC>Local Disc C> Users>Admin>Documents>OSCAR_Data.

Went down thru your other steps in OSCAR and this is the path:
ThisPC>Documents>OSCAR_Data

When you installed OSCAR did you do it as Administrator or Regular user?

If installed as regular user are you still using the same username?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks  I appreciate the suggestions from those great members who tried to help me.  I have decided to just delete everything and reload.  I don't want to miss my daily OSCAR fix!
Post Reply Post Reply
Dont-know Well, I went ahead and selected OSCAR, the app and data files--no traces found in my search.  Used the link at the top of forum to load again.  All went well through adding a new profile, and when clicking on the last link, a page comes up with  OSCAR and my name in the very top left corner and nothing else.  Sometimes, when I try again it brings up a small sized version of the Profile page I am used to but none of the links in the right column work--just like what happened to the original download that I first asked about.  I'm completely at a loss to know what to do, stressed out with the time I have wasted for members trying to  help, and stressed because I haven't gotten anything else done today.  What's next?
Post Reply Post Reply
Look in OSCAR_Data/logs and attach the debug.txt file to a post here.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are 4 debug.txt listed. None will copy and paste.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.