Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: LT swift for her
Humidifier: Respironics, I guess
CPAP Pressure: 9-14
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
I Lost ten Pounds
and I am not looking to get it back! I am glad I have an auto titrating machine. I now weigh what I did the night I had my first sleep study. now waiting for new monthly pillows. I hope to loose more but so far ten in 46 days. My jeans fit better and I have more energy already. Oh, Happy New Sleep year.
12-27-2012 09:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
trish6hundred Online

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

RE: I Lost ten Pounds
Hi Sleeping Beauty Turquoise,
CONGRATULATIONS! on your weight loss. It's always great when you have a bit more energy. Losing weight is kind of hard to do especially after the first 10 or 20 pounds.
Hang in there and keep on trying.

trish6hundred
12-27-2012 09:49 PM
jdireton Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Resmed S9 Elite
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage FX
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 12
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: ClimateLine Hose

Sex: Male

Congratulations!

I don't think excess weight is the root of all medical evil, but I do find when I lose a few pounds I feel better. I also seem to find them, particularly this time of year.

If you feel good about the weight loss and you just plain feel good, more power to you.
12-28-2012 04:54 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Schnauzers 5 Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Respironics Rem Star A Flex

Other Comments:

Yes, I do feel better. gave up all gluten, dairy and animal protein and ate vegan pure for 46 days with maybe one tiny mistake at a holiday party where I was not aware of wheat flour in the falafal. I have also cheated with a bit of Splenda when I ran out of stevia. I have had organic chicken twice and feel i need animal protein now and then, if only for thr taste of it. I want to loose 70lbs so I have a long way to go. I will tell you my story perhaps in off topic. I do believe that loosing weight gives me more energy and less huffing and puffing. I think I overate many times because I was not getting the nutrition I needed.I am also on probiotics and digestive enzymes. It was a very hard program mostly because sister was living here coaching and since we never got along it was harder than it needed to be. A very long 46 days. I am two lbs higher than my New Years day goal.
01-02-2013 12:52 AM
Bompa Offline

Monitors

Machine: DreamStation Pro
Mask Make & Model: Nuance Pro
Humidifier: DreamStation Heated Humidifer
CPAP Pressure: 12.0
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

Guess what???? I found the weight you lost and am using it myself!
Too many Christmas sweets!!
back to the walking track for this old guy.
Hammer
01-02-2013 03:47 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

LOL Poor Boompa.

SBT, gluten free doesn't help with weight loss. It doesn't help with anything unless you are gluten intolerant or have Crohn's Disease. The alleged diets being pushed to sell more gluten free products are fads.

I did quite well when I did my low-carb, racist diet a few years ago. Racist being I stayed away from white foods like potatoes, pasta, and corn. The dietician laughed her butt off when I told her my nickname for it. I really need to get back into it. I regained all that I lost plus some.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
01-02-2013 06:30 PM
cbramsey Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage FX
Humidifier: ResMed H5i with ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 6 - 12
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness

Congratulations on your weight loss. May you never see those pounds again. Congrats

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
01-02-2013 08:24 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Ugly Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Micro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 7-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Hydrocephalus, myopia, depression, chronic ugliness, stupidity, tinnitus, mixed sleep apnea.

(12-27-2012 09:38 PM)Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Wrote:  and I am not looking to get it back! I am glad I have an auto titrating machine. I now weigh what I did the night I had my first sleep study. now waiting for new monthly pillows. I hope to loose more but so far ten in 46 days. My jeans fit better and I have more energy already. Oh, Happy New Sleep year.

My condolences on your loss, for I am a chubby chaser. Huhsign
But seriously, if it makes you feel better, the more power to you.
It was said that if I lost weight it would help my apnea. I don't think it has, as I've gone up and down the - scale - through the years. I think I've got apnea for life. Best wishes if it helps you meet a goal.
We've outlawed scales here so I have no idea what I weigh anymore.
Why? Too depressing. (But I AM a chubby chaser)
01-02-2013 10:26 PM
Schnauzers 5 Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Respironics Rem Star A Flex

Other Comments:

I like that my clothes fit again and I am not breathless just walking short distances and maybe better on my knees too. It was 11lbs since Nov 10th but actually 27 total. Last August I was much higher.I don't expect to ever be apnea free. As for gluten I dunno, I am not gluten sensitive as far as I know but my sister has a vegan diet cleanse program 21 day and claims gluten is bad regardless. I think a little oatmeal now and then is not bad. Corn GMO is bad IMO. I just ate as she did and she coached me. It was very hard because my sister and I never got along and tension was always there. I had stomach pains most days after eating. Once she left, so did the stomach pains. Long boring story. One can read so many different things it gets confusing, I guess I just have to try and see what works best for me. Mostly, I wanted to give up sugar and find better ways to get nutrient rich foods in me and loose weight too. I did that. I also think my sister is so obsessed with her ideas of nutrition and vegan that she might be anorexic with a vegan twist. It is her new business program with a partner and has had much research, but I think it has some holes in it. I have great strong teeth and never any cavities and her teeth are weak, break and need root canals, crowns and more. Weak nails and mine are not, and grow til one snags. I won't let my teeth get bad for lack of nutrients and drastic eating styles. I think if one needs to supplement with hundreds of $s of Spirulina stem kline ( some nutrient) and such monthly due to diet, then the diet is lacking somewhere. I do take B12 ,D3 and vitamins and some supplements but I am not as regular as I should be.Spirulina is a complete food protein but tastes yucky and tablets cost more. For many yrs my sister has been extreme in her lifestyle beliefs and we do not agree on much of anything. A relationship with her is doomed. Nuff' said. It was an unpleasant experience and I think stress probably helped me loose weight too. Sometimes no matter how hard you try a family member is a user and abuser and will never change. I let her come because I was getting close to being type 2 diabetic, now I am sure I am not as close to a risk. I am still overweight however. The program was to be free for me but she did not share living expenses as promised and ended up charging me $300 by not paying her share. She wasn't visiting me, she moved in! Agreement was to share expenses but she had 46 free days. End of story Forgiveness is hard, but I am working on it. Sorry this turned out so negative and should be in off topic. Feel free to move it there. Guess I am venting.
01-03-2013 12:37 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
kayla Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: resmed s9 autoset
Mask Make & Model: quattro
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-19?
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: I am grateful for the wonderful peopleon this board!

(12-27-2012 09:38 PM)Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Wrote:  and I am not looking to get it back! I am glad I have an auto titrating machine. I now weigh what I did the night I had my first sleep study. now waiting for new monthly pillows. I hope to loose more but so far ten in 46 days. My jeans fit better and I have more energy already. Oh, Happy New Sleep year.
wow Congratulations! How di dyou do that? with just the c-pap therapy?I gained weight with it sad to say but maybe my body not working as hard to keep breathing.
You sound wonderful and full of energy.
Good for you!
01-03-2013 12:40 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Sad SERVER ISSUE: FORUM LOST ONE DAY's POSTS... please read. SuperSleeper 33 9,315 07-07-2012 03:04 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper