Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: LT swift for her
Humidifier: Respironics, I guess
CPAP Pressure: 9-14
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
RE: I Lost ten Pounds
It is about 12lbs now. It was a strict vegan diet cleanse program with all fresh foods and nothing in a can, jar, box etc. The cleanse is just eating pure for 21 days or longer. I ate almost totally pure for 46 days. Even though the jury is out on whether gluten free is good or bad, I might be sensitive so I did not eat gluten either. I personally do not think a little good old fashioned oat meal is a bad thing for me to eat. I also am going to add brown rice and beans slowly. I could add on brown rice and it can add pounds if I eat too much. My c-pap had no contribution to my weight loss. This was hard work and sacrifice.
01-05-2013 08:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Ugly Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Micro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 7-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Hydrocephalus, myopia, depression, chronic ugliness, stupidity, tinnitus, mixed sleep apnea.

Sex: Male

(01-05-2013 08:11 PM)Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Wrote:  My avatar photo is my baby girl, Halle who is just a year old already.

I don't mean to be insulting (maybe) but your baby girl is a real dog.
01-05-2013 10:04 PM
TheWerkz Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i & ClimateLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: Auto-CPAP 11 - 20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

(01-05-2013 08:11 PM)Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Wrote:  My c-pap had no contribution to my weight loss. This was hard work and sacrifice.

Hi SBT,

I think if you were to stop using CPAP you wouldn't have gotten the same results you did, your energy level would have been lower, therefore you wouldn't really care if you lost weight or not, AND, you totally wouldn't have been able to deal with your sister. Too-funny

When my previous CPAP died 3 months ago, I was a wreck for 4 days until I found my current S9, it was all I could do to get out of bed and eat. I don't ever want to be without a working CPAP again.

I wouldn't mind being a vegan, as long as I could still eat steak! Yummy yummy steak... Dielaughing

Good luck and continued success!

P.S. Your daughter really needs to learn how to shave!

Ren
01-06-2013 12:22 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Schnauzers 5 Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Respironics Rem Star A Flex
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: LT swift for her
Humidifier: Respironics, I guess
CPAP Pressure: 9-14
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
Ren, aka The Werkz, I hope you read this. Somehow I gave you the impression that I don't think I need a cpap. That is totally not the case! I LOVE my Cpap and was just saying I now weigh the same or a lb or so less than when I first got one. My very first was the L cheap-0 with no auto titrating and was set a bit too low on pressure I think. I would NEVER even barely take a tv nap without my cpap. I adjusted to it in about three days total and have never slept one night in over six years without one. I for sure know how drained I was and would be now without one. I am just saying it had no effect on my weight loss. Sorry but to be a true vegan ya can't have steak.I am sure in time I will eat one again too. I do eat organic chicken and spread out the servings over a few weeks. I just wanted to loose weight by eating super foods so to speak in the form of high nutrients and low calorie. As for my baby girl, she is K-9 hense the fur on her "widdle" cute face. She is a pure bred Grand Champion sired Miniature Schnauzer. the has makes her look funny, but she is actually a pretty girl when dressed right. P.S. I also discovered I need a lot of D3 ansd that helps with my tiredness too. I have so much more energy since D3 liquid supplements added and B 12. Love your humorDielaughing
Just wanna say, I believe most people have sleep apnea and not enough use one and I think it critical for good health to use it if you need it. I have convinced a few clients to get back on theirs. Not enough is spoken about cpap and sleep apnea and how people need them and risks are so great when not used nightly. TG I live in an era where we have them.
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2013 11:59 PM by Schnauzers 5.)
01-14-2013 11:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Sad SERVER ISSUE: FORUM LOST ONE DAY's POSTS... please read. SuperSleeper 33 9,311 07-07-2012 03:04 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper