Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My compairing of DreamStation VS ResMed S10
My compairing of DreamStation VS ResMed S10
First impressions on switching to a DreamStation APAP from the ResMed APAP unit.

1) ResMed is prettier
2) But the Dreamstation has a better water system
3) Dreamstation works with my fitwell full face mask and has setting for different masks, ResMed did not
4) Dreamstation seems to WORK with my mask
5) Other so called fullface masks don't work as well as my Fitwell mask, and I have tried two so far…all leak and blow air into my eyes.
6) The Dreamstation DOES put out somehow a little more air flow at the same setting of 10 VS the ResMed unit.
7) I got a full thee hour sleep cycle with the DS this first night where I could not do so in three nights of sleeping with a ResMed unit.
8) As Philips make my mask their system seems more able to work with my mask over the resMed unit.

More:
1) Both Philips and ResMed offer a breathing relief system where on your exhale the pressure is dropped by up to 3CMs.
2) BUT the ResMed is harsh, when I stop inhaling, the ResMed has a hard reaction, so hard it makes the mask jump, it pumps up and down with these changes.
3) The DreamStation does this so smooth I cannot feel ANY changes, and the mask does not move.
4) Both have Humidifiers, so far the DreamStation seems to make more humidity with less effort. And it seems to work better I had less dry mouth.
5) Both have water tanks, the ResMed is a pressure fit which you have to pull out the side and push it back in, which means I have to move it around in my bedside drawer to do these acts.
6) The DreamStation has a top cover that when unlocked and raised and LIFTS the tank up and back and you simply just pick it up. I do not have to move it around to remove or replace the tank.

All in all, I like the DreamStation much more.

Bottom line I could not stand the ResMed S10, first I felt like I was being mildly suffocated, and after three nights of horrible nights I had to switch back to my old Philips 960 ASV set as a APAP settings, a unit I had used for 3 years.

On the first night on the DreamStation I got a good nights sleep.

IF this stays common I have a winner.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My compairing of DreamStation VS ResMed S10
And one more note on the DreamStation VS ResMed system, Shut Down:

The ResMed shuts off so fast and hard it feels like it changes from positive pressure to a vacuum, it is harsh and the mask jams itself onto my face.

The DreamStation cuts ITS pressure softly and does not punch you in the face.

So again my Vote is DreamStation.

Also second night and all is well and again I am having a better night, and again I had at least one three hour sleep cycle which means I got a full cycle done.

So Resmed, three nights all bad, DreamStation two nights and all good.

OK So I feel more and more like Goldilocks…everything HAS to be JUST right…my CPAP system has to be just right, my bed, my pillows, and the temp. just right not too hot and not too cold.

But I have to allow me to be me...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My compairing of DreamStation VS ResMed S10
Both are good machines. 3 and 2 nights are not nearly enough for a valid comparison, IMO - you'd need more like 2 and 3 weeks. I have the ResMed and see none of the problems you mention, and I even use Respironics masks. Go figure Smile

And of course you are exactly right to use whatever works for YOU and helps you to use the therapy.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation 2 vs ResMed S9 gonzalo 3 74 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
Question Question on using a Resmed S9 vs a Dreamstation 1 nbdsv96 3 548 06-20-2023, 01:06 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
  ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto difference from DreamStation BiPap BrassCat 6 747 12-10-2022, 09:39 PM
Last Post: BrassCat
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,713 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Phillips Dreamstation II or Resmed Airsense Auto 11 pwgphoto 6 1,173 10-03-2022, 08:14 PM
Last Post: pwgphoto
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,534 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  [CPAP] ResMed Nasal Pillows with DreamStation? RHug00 4 564 09-04-2022, 10:30 AM
Last Post: RHug00

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.