Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I Need a CPAP
I Need a CPAP
I guess I will be joining the group of hoseheads in the coming weeks.  I have mild apnea with a AHI of 6.  Is the Resmed Airsense 10 still the best option?  My OA events were 7 and the Hypopneas was 30.  Suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I Need a CPAP
The Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset or Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for Her are the best choices. Phillips Respironocs machines are good but the Resmed auto algorithms are sensitive to flow limitation, hypopnea and snores so the machine quickly increases pressure before an obstructive apnea occurs. By comparison, the Respironics Dreamstation is much slower to increase pressure, and tends to reduce pressure too quickly, allowing many more obstructive apnea and hypopnea to occur. There are several Airsense 10 models. Be sure to get the autoset. It should cost no more if you are covered by insurance.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2019, 10:52 AM)Melman Wrote: The Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset or Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for Her are the best choices. Phillips Respironocs machines are good but the Resmed auto algorithms are sensitive to flow limitation, hypopnea and snores so the machine quickly increases pressure before an obstructive apnea occurs.  By comparison, the Respironics Dreamstation is much slower to increase pressure, and tends to reduce pressure too quickly, allowing many more obstructive apnea and hypopnea to occur.  There are several Airsense 10 models. Be sure to get the autoset. It should cost no more if you are covered by insurance.

Thank you for such a fast response.  I have requested that the doctor's office attempt to get this one approved by the insurance company.  Question...Since it is "autoset", does that mean I do not have to go through the "titration" of the pressures to find the one that works best for me?
Post Reply Post Reply
A big +1 on the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet. I had two overnight in-lab sleep studies. I can't speak to the Titration question though. Mine (6-12) was determined by my sleep doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply
A titration study is not necessary if you get the autoset. We can help you determine the best pressure settings. The billing code is the same for the Autoset as for a basic fixed pressure CPAP so specific approval for the autoset is not required. Insurance pays the same for both. you supplier, therefore, makes more profit by providing a less expensive basic machine. Ask you Dr. to prescribe Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset "dispense as written" and the supplier will have no choice
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.