Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I Slept Quite Well Last Night
I Slept Quite Well Last Night
My bathroom has a garden tub and a big window and no bathroom door to this on suite bath. I decided to hang heavy curtains at that window to make it darker in my bedroom which has shutters on the large window Now it is very dark at night. I did wake once about two hrs later, because I had a nap for two hrs earlier. The room is quite dim for sunny afternoon naps now. I then slept until 8:30AM thanks to quiet dogs. I'd like shutters on the bath window but they are quite expensive. Eventually I will order them. So if you are wondering why not just get a mask for my eyes? I like this better. Sleep-well

No comments necessary, I just wanted to say, it helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I Slept Quite Well Last Night
Glad it worked for you. We started using masks (not CPAP masks, but masks that cover your eyes) several years ago when we were visiting relatives and couldn't darken the room. We now use them at home a lot. They're good for naps, and they're good when you want to sleep in but your partner has to get up and turn on the lights to get dressed.

Ear plugs are sometimes a good idea, too.

I don't always wear the eye mask and ear plugs, but when I do, boy do I feel decked out. There are five items on the checklist:

Nasal pillows mask.
Chin strap.
Night guard (to prevent teeth grinding).
Eye mask.
Ear plugs.

And the thing is, it used to feel weird to have on all that gear but now it just feels normal.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I Slept Quite Well Last Night
Imagine how you'd look if you had to run out of the house fast for some reason God forbid like a fire or some emerency.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 674 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  First night using APAP. Still slept like garbage. QuirkyTurtle 9 571 12-08-2023, 11:54 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Slept past noon- Oscar did not import data coolbranch 5 522 09-26-2023, 04:55 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 850 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 898 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Please Help!! Haven't slept at all for 2 out of last 3 nights with CPAP JamesD0079 1 495 01-24-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Resmed S9 - overstating hours slept kowlooner 3 571 12-18-2022, 10:48 PM
Last Post: kowlooner

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.