Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I Still Can't Get SleepyHead Going!
I Still Can't Get SleepyHead Going!
Despite lots of advice to my first thread, about retrieving the SH password, I'm still stuck. Advisory Member AlanE has been wonderful with his advice, and I am following the instructions given in the sticky at the top of this forum about downloading it. I've never had problems downloading software before, but I keep hitting roadblocks. Huhsign I completely removed SH from my computer and started over and didn't get as far this time as the first. The only difference is that I used Firefox the first time and IE this time. Firefox has decided to lock me out--won't take my Yahoo screen name or password today.

Question !. I selected the 64 bit, zipped version. It is in my Downloads file. Do I first unzip it as the directions say. If I right click on the file folder there is an Extract All selection. Is this how it is unzipped?

Question 2. Once it is unzipped I then locate the SH application exe file to launch the program according to the instructions. I can right click this exe file to create a shortcut for further use it says. I missed this on my first try. Am I on the right track?

Question 3. When you do get it launched and first open it you have the Profile builder screen. User name I get, but can someone explain the Password Protect Profile? Is this a new password just for SH or the password for apneaboard.com? This is where I went astray on the first try.

I so appreciate the help freely given on this forum--especially from AlanE. I am a forum admin on a private recreational vehicle site and know how important support from those having actual experience with a product is and I have learned so much. I'm feeling pretty dumb at this point--at 74 my brain has slowed down (hopefully speeding up now that I'm dealing with the sleep problem!)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I Still Can't Get SleepyHead Going!
All great questions. I'll answer each below.

(10-24-2015, 02:39 PM)SideSleeper Wrote: Question !. I selected the 64 bit, zipped version. It is in my Downloads file. Do I first unzip it as the directions say. If I right click on the file folder there is an Extract All selection. Is this how it is unzipped?

Yes, that is correct.

Quote:Question 2. Once it is unzipped I then locate the SH application exe file to launch the program according to the instructions. I can right click this exe file to create a shortcut for further use it says. I missed this on my first try. Am I on the right track?

Yes that is also correct. Most likely the file you will be executing is SleepyHead-OpenGL.

Quote:Question 3. When you do get it launched and first open it you have the Profile builder screen. User name I get, but can someone explain the Password Protect Profile? Is this a new password just for SH or the password for apneaboard.com? This is where I went astray on the first try.

The password is just for your SleepyHead profile and nothing else. It is optional. You may leave it blank.

You really only need to set the password if you are sharing your computer with someone else or are sharing SleepyHead and have multiple profiles and you do not want them checking out your file. You can choose not to use a password at all and SleepyHead will open without one.

For the record, I don't have a password set on mine. I left it blank. One less thing to remember if you ask me. Smile

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Alan for the help. I now have SleepyHead loaded and an icon in my taskbar. The warning on the data download screen says to write protect (lock?) the SD card. I had a reply to this question on another thread and it stated with a PR machine I should leave the card unlocked. Would like one last verification on this before I insert the card!
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe I read that with a PR machine it won't matter if Windows wrote files to the SD card. If so, this is good since you won't have to remember to slide the lock tab.

Personally, I would still get in the habit of sliding the tab to the lock position when using it in your computer and slide it back to unlock when you return the card to the CPAP machine. Reduces the chance of accidentally erasing the data.

[Image: sd-lock.jpg]
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.