Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I Suspect My AutoCPAP is Used
RE: I Suspect My AutoCPAP is Used
@CrimsonNape 

I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing.

BTW -- If there is a ResMed Oximetry Adapter attached to your S10, it remains powered even when the machine is off -- thus adding unnecessary use hours to the expensive laser finger probe. I added a small 9-pin extension cord between the sensor and machine and unplug the extension after a sleep session. Far easier to replace a cord with pin wear than the oxygen sensor. So far, no issues after five years.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed another detail is it normal that behind the airsense 10 there is only one sticker and not two? Thank you all

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
A second sticker in that location is normally occupied in U.S. models by a FCC compliance sticker relating to the communications modem. I would not expect to see that on a European machine. I have read this thread and stayed out of it, but I am completely convinced you have a brand new machine of very recent manufacture date, and equipped with a side panel rather than the humidifier chamber. It can easily be converted. I don't know why you have such suspicion of this this device, but every piece of evidence argues against your concern that it may be used or refurbished.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2022, 12:53 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: A second sticker in that location is normally occupied in U.S. models by a FCC compliance sticker relating to the communications modem. I would not expect to see that on a European machine.  I have read this thread and stayed out of it, but I am completely convinced you have a brand new machine of very recent manufacture date, and equipped with a side panel rather than the humidifier chamber.  It can easily be converted.   I don't know why you have such suspicion of this this device, but every piece of evidence argues against your concern that it may be used or refurbished.
I suspect it is used for various reasons:

- the machine is scratched
- The cover cannot be pulled out. I've tried all sorts of ways. It's really jammed.
So it could be a faulty airsense 10
- At the bottom of the cover there is a sign.

I attach the photos.

The seller is willing to replace the machine with a new one, but I'm undecided whether to ask for a return at this point.
The seller also told me that the sign at the bottom of the cover is present in all airsense 10 machines ...

The airsense 10 has been used for a few hours by necessity, but in the presence of a defect there should be the resmed guarantee for the return and therefore the refund.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suspect UARS, but sleep study showed 0 RERAs? Acinomer 9 1,206 12-03-2021, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Geer1
  airsense10 autoset -dreamstation autocpap astracan 37 3,943 03-21-2020, 02:26 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  [Equipment] AutoCPAP w/o insurance - How to let doc have remote access? japers 19 3,266 01-29-2019, 09:25 PM
Last Post: japers
  Do I need autoCPAP refurbished 5 1,404 11-23-2018, 12:22 PM
Last Post: refurbished
  Why did my AutoCPAP 90% pressure increase from baseline? cchild2 20 7,520 11-26-2017, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Hojo
Question [Equipment] DreamStation AutoCPAP - silly question Nitschke 2 13,229 10-30-2017, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Nitschke
  Help on choosing AutoCPAP to asses evolution Maldo 4 1,421 10-17-2017, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Maldo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.