Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I Suspect My AutoCPAP is Used
I Suspect My AutoCPAP is Used
I apologize immediately for the English, I am using google translate.
I write from Italy and I discovered the existence of this forum on sleep apnea.
I wanted to ask for advice about the recent purchase of a resmed airsense 10 autocpap.
At the moment in Italy the availability of cpap / autocpap devices requires a certain period of time.
For this reason, I entrusted the purchase of an airsense 10 autocpap to a European dealer.
Today the package containing the autocpap was delivered to me, and I notice that the original resmed package looks pretty good, however the airsense 10 has some scratches / marks on the top.
I checked the number of run hours and it was 0, but I have found that some resellers who have access to the software can change this value.
The airsense 10 has protection on the screen and on the handle.
It looks new, but I suspect the seller is lying.
I sent photos of the scratches, and he claims it's the plastic's fault, and that it can happen in new products too.
Has anyone ever had such an experience of a new cpap with some blemishes and scratches?
Thank you all.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Suspected autocpap used
Yes, scratches can occur when the machines are unpacked, inspected, tested, and set by a technician.
The cover can be replaced under warranty by the seller.
However, you are owed a blemish-free machine. You can demand a replacement or a discount. Or, you might ask them for a free mask or accessory which is much easier than replacing a machine.
Good luck!

Sì, i graffi possono verificarsi quando le macchine vengono disimballate, ispezionate, testate e impostate da un tecnico. La copertura può essere sostituita in garanzia dal venditore. Tuttavia, ti è dovuta una macchina senza imperfezioni. Puoi richiedere una sostituzione o uno sconto. Oppure, potresti chiedere loro una maschera o un accessorio gratuito che è molto più facile che sostituire una macchina. Buona Fortuna!
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Suspected autocpap used
You can find the run-hours of the machine to see if it has been used. You have to press the control knob and home-button at the same time, then enter clinical settings by pressing the control knob. You can then scroll down to the About menu and find Run Hours. If the run-hours are more than you have used the machine, it is a used machine. https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I Suspect My AutoCPAP is Used
When I was presented my 10 AutoSet back in Sept. of 2018, I just assumed that it was new. It had all the manuals, carry case, and whatever else with it. Everything appeared to be new. Although it wasn't in a factory box at the time. 

It wasn't until I got it home and found out how to check for it's use hours, thanks to this forum. It had 52 hrs. on it. That wasn't a big deal to me so I let it go.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2022, 10:36 PM)Big Guy Wrote: It wasn't until I got it home and found out how to check for it's use hours, thanks to this forum. It had 52 hrs. on it. That wasn't a big deal to me so I let it go.

I noticed that my original DME was using a ResMed's S8 Elite II in a beginner's class and then rotating them into the patient population. When my first tech handed me a machine after the second class and started to set it to my Rx, I asked for a sealed box unit. She then told me that machines usually fail within the first 40 hours and that the pre-tested machine from the class was a better deal. Funny, I didn't ask if the machine had been properly cleaned because it wasn't on my radar at the time.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for your answers. Unfortunately I really believe that a refurbished / used version of airsense 10 was sold to me. Last night using it I tried to install the humidifier but I couldn't because there is the side cover that cannot be removed. I've tried all sorts of ways but it doesn't come off. Watching videos on youtube I saw how easily it should come out. Among other things, I discovered this side cover is sold separately and shouldn't be there if the airsense is new. I am contacting the seller and I hope for a resolution of the problem, otherwise I will have to try to protect myself with paypal

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It should come out if you put your thumb on that center section and squeeze with your fingers on the bottom of the side cover as you pull it out. It may take a strong squeeze.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have never even seen a sid cover for an A10. The cover should easily come off. Otherwise, execute your protect options. This unit, sold as new, may have been, likely is refurbished. Note Refurbished machines can have the Total Run Hours reset.
Post a pic of the label on the bottom.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are correct! The side cover plate is an option and does not come with any of the AS10s. I use the side cover on my CPAPs and depressing the center tab, in your picture, will release it from the machine. The cover plate should pull straight out.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine didn't come with a side cover either. But, I did buy one just in case I decided that the humidifier wasn't needed. I tried a night or two w/o the humidifier and quickly decided to stick with it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suspect UARS, but sleep study showed 0 RERAs? Acinomer 9 1,206 12-03-2021, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Geer1
  airsense10 autoset -dreamstation autocpap astracan 37 3,948 03-21-2020, 02:26 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  [Equipment] AutoCPAP w/o insurance - How to let doc have remote access? japers 19 3,266 01-29-2019, 09:25 PM
Last Post: japers
  Do I need autoCPAP refurbished 5 1,404 11-23-2018, 12:22 PM
Last Post: refurbished
  Why did my AutoCPAP 90% pressure increase from baseline? cchild2 20 7,521 11-26-2017, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Hojo
Question [Equipment] DreamStation AutoCPAP - silly question Nitschke 2 13,229 10-30-2017, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Nitschke
  Help on choosing AutoCPAP to asses evolution Maldo 4 1,421 10-17-2017, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Maldo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.