Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I Want Drugs!
I Want Drugs!
Drugs to Help You Keep Awake

I would like to know what people get prescribed in the states and are they available to buy privately, over here my doc says there are no drugs like this but now and again someone mentions a drug that keeps them awake? I know of friends that could quite easily get the illegal kind but thats one road I refuse to walk down no matter how bad I get. My problem is take away the fags and Im on my knees with fatigue (Will have to stop saying fags lol) Any info will be gratefully excepted

Thanks

DC
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I Want Drugs!
(06-28-2012, 05:37 PM)Dreamcatcher Wrote: I would like to know what people get prescribed in the states and are they available to buy privately
cannot tel you but most people celebrating Obamacare on the streets just saw them on tv

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2012, 05:37 PM)Dreamcatcher Wrote: Drugs to Help You Keep Awake

I would like to know what people get prescribed in the states and are they available to buy privately, over here my doc says there are no drugs like this but now and again someone mentions a drug that keeps them awake? I know of friends that could quite easily get the illegal kind but thats one road I refuse to walk down no matter how bad I get. My problem is take away the fags and Im on my knees with fatigue (Will have to stop saying fags lol) Any info will be gratefully excepted

Thanks

DC

These are the only ones I know of, but I've never taken them:
Nuvigil/Provigil
On top of that we quit smoking (fags Smile ) last year and recently due to some of my meds I can no longer tolerate coffee. I yawn and walk around a lot!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you ever talked to a homeopath? I know there's a lot of them in the UK.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
In the US I have been prescribed Nuvigil and provigil and once, adderal. All prescribed by a physician and obtained from a regulated pharmacy. There are other CNS stimulants. Is there such a thing as a formulary available to you- it lists all drugs by mode of action.
Post Reply Post Reply
We used to call them uppers, or speed. Dexadrine, benzadrine, etc.

Caffeine!

Any diet pill, or decongestant.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still tired, next step DRUGS! oldfart59 10 3,089 09-29-2017, 02:41 PM
Last Post: chill
  drugs and cpap readyforsleep 13 4,538 07-04-2015, 12:26 AM
Last Post: vsheline
  [News] What naturals drugs against sleeplessness? ApneaNews 39 17,187 07-03-2012, 10:31 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Speed The Facts (Dont Do Drugs) Dreamcatcher 17 9,746 05-28-2012, 08:26 AM
Last Post: mjbearit
  meds/drugs to relieve symptoms? gm25 2 2,866 05-09-2012, 07:41 AM
Last Post: zimlich

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.