Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I actually don't mind the Cpap anymore but might Give up due to bloat
I actually don't mind the Cpap anymore but might Give up due to bloat
I took a night off of the cap and although I didn't feel as good as without it and actually don't mind the cap with some aromatherapy, the bloating is killing me and exacerbating bloating and acid reflux I already have. Any drastic measure I can take to deal with this aside from simethicone and charcoal. I feel like a balloon much of the day and makes my heart feel like it's pounding all day (laughably I'm in good shape with a resting HR during the day while sitting of about 55). I know the cap isn't the only cause, but it makes it even worse.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I actually don't mind the Cpap anymore but might Give up due to bloat
Well, you are in that conundrum of where you need pressure to prevent apnea, and not too much pressure that overcomes your lower esophageal sphincter (LES) muscle and blows the air into your gut. There might be a happy medium that gives you both therapy and no pain, but it's not going to be easy. For starters, it would help to know what pressures you have setup. Also, your options are limited with CPAP, and rather than give up hope, you need to consider what therapy might be like with a bilevel machine that gives more pressure relief.

But, we're getting ahead of ourselves. What is the data telling you? What is your apnea looking like, what pressures are required to treat it? At what level does the pressure overcome your LES and pump air into your stomach?

Got Sleepyhead? http://sleepfiles.com/SH/index.html?TestingVersions
Know how to post graphs? http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepRider, My pressures seem fairly low as it is, last night which was higher than usual as I had an AHI of .8 was 7.1, my average pressure over the past 25 days has been 6.7. The machine minimum pressure is set at 4. I think my max pressure one night when I had a cold was 8. I leak anywhere from 2ml-10ml. Normally, I seem to be averaging an AHI if about .2. Which sleepyhead report can I take a snapshot of and post to present a useful overview? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
There's a youtube video in the usefule links in my signature line that helps some people with aerophagia (gas.)
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Know how to post graphs? http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

The code they recommend in that how-to is more than this forum needs. All you need here is to put the URL for the image between the IMG tags. The URL tag is only necessary if you want others to be able to click the link and go to the source (where the photo is located).

This is all that is needed to display an image that is already uploaded and online somewhere:
Code:
[IMG]link to your image here[/IMG]

Images: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...g-an-Image

But since this is for a CPAP related thing, you can use the attachment option which does not require uploading the image to another site first.

Attachments: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ttachments
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Are you sure it is bloating and not water retention? cpap, even at low pressures, can cause water retention, and increased renovascualr resistance but I think it tends to even out over time, as hormone levels become stable - since high blood pressure (and renovascular resistance) is a sypmtom of apnea without cpap and treatment brings bp down in many cases. Aldosterone levels are correlated to the water retention.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC29011/
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
So I decided to try a night without any Cpap or MAD and although I have to admit is was less restfull than I thought, I kept the pulse oximeter on to get a snapshot of my night. I slept on my side most of the night. I would love some opinions if this doesn't look so bad. I woke up at around 215 am with a sneezing fit for a few minutes and had to go get paper tissue.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
That shot covers just an 1:40 and is of no use to us.

Did you wake with the air in the stomach? As the day has continued, do you feel the same as yesterday in terms of "bloat"?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Health] No CPAP anymore ! ABACON 3 371 02-07-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
Ohmy Aerophagia is making me lose my mind urachan 9 851 01-01-2024, 05:01 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
  Can someone give an opinion on these results ? Gregsleep 11 820 09-20-2023, 11:18 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Can anyone give me a quick rundown on the ResMed 'For Her' settings? Robert89 2 507 09-16-2023, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Ohmy [CPAP] Doc taking forever to give me new CPAP settings or BiPAP Apnea45 22 3,377 08-23-2023, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Apnea45
  Ready to give it another try! Welcoming any suggestions egoodman 6 759 07-03-2023, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Low AHI, tired foggy mind Artanox 72 4,485 05-05-2023, 04:43 AM
Last Post: Apnea23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.