Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I almost died today! Need help/advice UPDATE...
RE: I almost died today! Need help/advice
Please go to the doctor. This may be any number of conditions other than sleep apnea. Please don't gamble with your health by self diagnosing. The next time you may not be so lucky. PLEASE see a physcian now.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your wife had previously had a heart attack and had been given medication to take afterward, and then you THINK maybe you had a heart attack, would you just hit the Internet and take her medication?

Not if you're sane. Get to the doctor ASAP.

The muscles of the throat that collapse during an obstructive apnea event are voluntary muscles and we think about doing it just like we think about raising our arms to scratch our nose. Involuntary muscles are like the heart and the stomach, they just work automatically without any input from us.

During an obstructive event, the gasping, the struggling, that's our brain trying to wake us up so we will move those muscles and start breathing again. So the idea that you could not do that points that this was more than an obstructive apnea event.

The tongue and throat would not have dried out to the point they were stuck together so bad you could not move them. If that were the case, nearly all of us here would have experienced the same thing you did.

Get off the Internet. Go to your doctor. Don't be an idiot. Worse, don't be a dead idiot who was self treating something he had never been diagnosed with.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sir, are you listening to any advice? This is starting to appear like a piece of fiction, an attention getting device. I don't believe you anymore. No one who goes through that kind of experience remembers it in such detail. No one who goes through that does not call 911. They sure don't write to a forum when they have decided what to do and give us this spiel unless it's attention seeking. Got your 15 minutes?
Post Reply Post Reply
GwyNative,

Are you for real or is this just a joke? It looks like you copied and pasted part of your first post... what's up with that?

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Is you face the same size and shape as your wife's? The mask may be old and not useable.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2012, 08:53 AM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi GwyNative,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It sounds like you need to see your Dr.
Be sure you mention all of the problems you have been having.
Best of luck to you.

Sounds like what I had a few months ago. It scared me to death.
I went first and had a complete cardio work up and then a sleep study.
Happy to say those episodes are much less frequent now. I am on a low dose beta blocker to slow my heart down in the day time but not at night. Feeling much much better!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I almost died today! Need help/advice UPDATE...
Had a friend who actually died when he woke up one night unable to breath. He didn't have apnea, he had water around his heart.

See a doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I almost died today! Need help/advice UPDATE...
he said he has anxiety disorder and that could be the cause too. who knows except a doctor would know for sure!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 294 3 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 170 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 862 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,797 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 144 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 798 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.