Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I am beginning to love my cpap
RE: I am beginning to love my cpap
I think we all develop a relationship with our machines. It's like a child's comfortable security blanket.

car54
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2018, 05:59 PM)car54 Wrote: I think we all develop a relationship with our machines. It's like a child's comfortable security blanket.

car54

Yep. I even have dreams with me wearing my CPAP mask during activities. 

And if the power goes off (or, with my old F&P machine, cat sits on power buttons to get my attention in the middle of the night), I wake up. Now I have battery backup, so I feel better. 

Spent 4 days in a hotel close to me last year because of massive lines down because of some wind oddity that didn't affect much other than where I live (so I could recharge batteries at work if it happens again).
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm on week three and starting to like mine too. It takes a while to find a mask, pressure, sleeping position, and accessories like chin strap, collar, and/or mouth tape that works.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2018, 01:06 AM)MrZennie Wrote: I'm on week three and starting to like mine too.  It takes a while to find a mask, pressure, sleeping position, and accessories like chin strap, collar, and/or mouth tape that works.

What's needed, in every city, county, and province worldwide, is the Apnea Board CPAP Boot Camp (ABCBC), in which a drill sergeant whips (not literally, we hope) all the new recruits (the huddled masses yearning to breathe free) into shape. After four weeks of intensive training, they are sent back out into the world, breathing deeply only through the nose, some of them destined to become the next generation of ABCBC drill sergeants and carry on the tradition.

Dibs on the merchandising rights.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anxiety/elevated HR at beginning of night Jskier 1 199 02-11-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 238 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Cpap for 4 month, worked in the beginning but not much now Killiane69 6 594 01-23-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Killiane69
  UARS - New User - Would Love Some Advice kaelin 3 515 12-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Negative for OSA - Would love some advice duude 2 367 11-29-2023, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Would love some feedback on OSCAR data kewlpewl 51 4,918 11-09-2023, 02:22 AM
Last Post: kewlpewl
  Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz! Captain Howdy 72 6,130 10-22-2023, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.