Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I am beginning to love my cpap
RE: I am beginning to love my cpap
I think we all develop a relationship with our machines. It's like a child's comfortable security blanket.

car54
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(05-27-2018, 05:59 PM)car54 Wrote: I think we all develop a relationship with our machines. It's like a child's comfortable security blanket.

car54

Yep. I even have dreams with me wearing my CPAP mask during activities. 

And if the power goes off (or, with my old F&P machine, cat sits on power buttons to get my attention in the middle of the night), I wake up. Now I have battery backup, so I feel better. 

Spent 4 days in a hotel close to me last year because of massive lines down because of some wind oddity that didn't affect much other than where I live (so I could recharge batteries at work if it happens again).
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm on week three and starting to like mine too. It takes a while to find a mask, pressure, sleeping position, and accessories like chin strap, collar, and/or mouth tape that works.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2018, 01:06 AM)MrZennie Wrote: I'm on week three and starting to like mine too.  It takes a while to find a mask, pressure, sleeping position, and accessories like chin strap, collar, and/or mouth tape that works.

What's needed, in every city, county, and province worldwide, is the Apnea Board CPAP Boot Camp (ABCBC), in which a drill sergeant whips (not literally, we hope) all the new recruits (the huddled masses yearning to breathe free) into shape. After four weeks of intensive training, they are sent back out into the world, breathing deeply only through the nose, some of them destined to become the next generation of ABCBC drill sergeants and carry on the tradition.

Dibs on the merchandising rights.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Surprised Night 8, it's already Love - Hate. So glad I found you guys! FE350 120 3,336 12-06-2018, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Clusters of Hypopneas at beginning of sessions milesarcher 19 833 10-13-2018, 08:12 AM
Last Post: milesarcher
  Why no love for FFM? honeybadger79 34 1,460 05-28-2018, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  I Love CPAP, but... please help me with these side-effects Hydrangea 26 1,819 05-18-2018, 06:10 AM
Last Post: Timur
Question New user, are centrals normal in the beginning? and other Q's FunkOdyssey 10 839 11-08-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  First night beginning treatment with DreamStation Falconhoof 11 1,116 09-14-2017, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Falconhoof
  Beginning care questions Iamthedoctor 12 925 07-28-2017, 12:30 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.