Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I am livin’ the dream..
RE: I am livin’ the dream..
(03-24-2015, 08:21 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: Good work there Retired_guy! You've been a long time arriving but it sounds like you are finally there (or is it here). It's amazing how beneficial it is to help others since in the process we help ourselves.

OK, enough of that, here's the bad news...you don't need no stinkin' EPR all that much but if you insist on screwing around with things that are working well, I advise you to set the EPR to #2 for your test. If you go with #3, you may find, as I did, that the big change of pressure is very bothersome and takes a long time (like never) to get accustomed to whereas #2 position is hardly noticeable yet provides a pleasant amount of expiratory pressure relief. There, you have been warned. If you try using #3, like I know you will, please report back so I can say I told you so. ‹(•¿•)›

Good luck, Dude

Thanks Surfie,
I actually did use a setting of 2 before I went to 3. Two was ok, but Mr. Emphysema seems happier with the 3, so I think I'll stay there.

I do know that some folks, like you, have discovered that a setting of 3 ends up creating a water hammer sort of effect and that by dropping down to 2, that is eliminated.

Post Reply Post Reply
OK, I'm sure you know best and I won't poison your mind any further since forewarned is often a guarantee of failure. Sometimes it's best not to know. Being too smart or analytical has it's own set of problems. How can you fail if you don't know how?

Best luck to you, Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
I've used EPR since day one, its more of a natural breathing pattern for me......love it
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2015, 04:45 PM)retired_guy Wrote: ...Maybe I'm healed! Maybe I don't need no stinkin' machine anymore! ------ no way in the world would I consider not using my machine. If they want my machine, they will have to pry my mask from my cold dead nosie.

Well, I think continuing to use the machine is probably for the best, even if you are healed, which you are probably not.

Not trying to be the skunk at your garden party, but my understanding is that if you are an OSA sufferer you really do not ever "heal" (although you do get much healthier from not being strangled in your sleep and are technically no longer a sufferer -- as long as the mask is on when you sleep). You need to keep that airway splinted open regardless, even if the conditions caused by OSA have all disappeared (which I guess is one definition of "healed").

But we all carry scars from whatever used to ail us, even if we no longer have an actual diagnosable condition (except that OSA sufferers are always sufferers unless the mask is on). Anything you go through changes you, and while in some ways negative physical challenges can make you a better person, they often never allow you to be 100% physically whole ever again.

But then OSA is one of the few conditions where the prescription is this effective (virtually 100%) and non-invasive; continue the therapy, and while under the therapy and with an AHI under 5, you are essentially cured. That's not something you can say about many conditions.

Great numbers, though. I've been at 0.8 or so for a week or two, and under 1.5 for 100 days, so I think I'm doing pretty good, but I would still trade numbers with you any time.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2014, 08:27 PM)retired_guy Wrote: But hey... A guy’s gotta try something new doesn’t he? As long as it isn’t something green that you’re supposed to eat?

You can make green bacon with some food coloring. Smile

I've had a 0.1 AHI for the last 6 nights. It's really unusual for me to see an AHI of more than 1.0. I stopped looking at the SD card. Here's a screenshot from the ResMed MyAir web interface.

[Image: 16427343073_218a7dbc97.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2015, 06:20 PM)GeoffD Wrote: I've had a 0.1 AHI for the last 6 nights. It's really unusual for me to see an AHI of more than 1.0. I stopped looking at the SD card. Here's a screenshot from the ResMed MyAir web interface.
I wish mine were that low. I've only been on it for 2 weeks now and my lowest has been 2.3, normal is between 5 and 6. A couple nights ago was bad, hit 14.6. Oh-jeez

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2015, 10:55 AM)AlanE Wrote: I wish mine were that low. I've only been on it for 2 weeks now and my lowest has been 2.3, normal is between 5 and 6. A couple nights ago was bad, hit 14.6. Oh-jeez

Start a thread in the main forum Alan. I'll just bet we can help you with this.

What we need is for you to download and install the Sleepyhead software. Then you can see the detailed results of your sleep experience. The data from that can help us give you ideas for how to maximize your experience.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have a card reader yet. I ordered one. It's on the way.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Retired guy-

How can you tell your O2? Do you have an overnight oximeter or something like that, or...?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2015, 12:27 PM)TyroneShoes Wrote:
(03-24-2015, 04:45 PM)retired_guy Wrote: ...Maybe I'm healed! Maybe I don't need no stinkin' machine anymore! ------ no way in the world would I consider not using my machine. If they want my machine, they will have to pry my mask from my cold dead nosie.

Well, I think continuing to use the machine is probably for the best, even if you are healed, which you are probably not.

Not trying to be the skunk at your garden party, but my understanding is that if you are an OSA sufferer you really do not ever "heal" (although you do get much healthier from not being strangled in your sleep and are technically no longer a sufferer -- as long as the mask is on when you sleep). You need to keep that airway splinted open regardless, even if the conditions caused by OSA have all disappeared (which I guess is one definition of "healed").

But we all carry scars from whatever used to ail us, even if we no longer have an actual diagnosable condition (except that OSA sufferers are always sufferers unless the mask is on). Anything you go through changes you, and while in some ways negative physical challenges can make you a better person, they often never allow you to be 100% physically whole ever again.

But then OSA is one of the few conditions where the prescription is this effective (virtually 100%) and non-invasive; continue the therapy, and while under the therapy and with an AHI under 5, you are essentially cured. That's not something you can say about many conditions.

Great numbers, though. I've been at 0.8 or so for a week or two, and under 1.5 for 100 days, so I think I'm doing pretty good, but I would still trade numbers with you any time.

My limited knowledge is that there is no cure, no healing, only nightly remedy. Losing weight helps, where applicable.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 951 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
Exclaimation [Diagnosis] 2 Yrs CPAP & I Still Don't Dream - Eliminated Obstructive But Central Apneas Present droo 5 532 08-31-2023, 07:18 PM
Last Post: droo
Question Resmed AirTouch F20 on Dream Station 2: X factor? SleeperAwake21 1 437 05-19-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: SleeperAwake21
Question Dream Station 2 stats sallym 4 760 02-20-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: sallym
  Dream station 2 apap starting therapy above minimum setting HelicopterPilot 7 852 02-03-2023, 05:20 PM
Last Post: HelicopterPilot
  ketanerp - Excessive dream, dizziness and sleep apnea. ketanerp 17 1,771 12-26-2022, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Equipment] Dream Station 2 Humidifier Daddyo 2 558 12-22-2022, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Daddyo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.