Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I am struggling, Oscar data, any help appreciated
Angry 
AngrySleepr's Therapy Thread
Hello,
I'm struggling.i am claustrophobic and an occasionalsleep walker.
I started out with mouth/nose mask but promptly broke it.
Got 2 more. They're broken. 
Now on the nose pillow.
I'm having a great deal of difficulty going to sleep even more staying asleep. But, when I do doze off- my cpap mask/unit ends up across the room. I thrash about as mentioned. My spouse says I seem to register the claustrophobic mask and freak out.
Anyone else dealt with this?
PS. Any tips appreciated. The only advice I got with this machine was: It takes time.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help.5th day with CPAP 4th mask
Please list your CPAP brand and model in your profile. This will help us better provide answers or recommendations to your questions. What are your pressure settings?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is possible that you are not getting enough air. The minimum setting is your inhale pressure and for many people they need around 9 so they get enough air. 

As mentioned above we need to see OSCAR data to really give you any suggestions. It is totally free from the top of this site.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies. I apologize for missing info. Again Newbie.
CPAP macine/model is:
Resvent IBreeze 20A
Pressure settings? I was told: 5/20
I got the nasal pillow yesterday- not as many claustrophobic freak-outs but still no more than 20/30 minutes of sleep with it on. Not to whine, but I've had 4 hrs of interrupted sleep in 4 days and I'm hallucinating a bit from lack of sleep.
The nasal pillow still causes extreme dry mouth/nose and as luck would have it- I already have Sjogrens. For some reason, I'm having wicked pain at the base of my head/neck since I started with this thing and that's new.
My sleep study showed 40 events per hour and zero REM sleep. I wake up numb all over from lack of oxygen and my o2 sat has dropped as low as 72. I really want to make this work but I'm really struggling. I see now why only 20% of CPAP users continue.
Thanks, in advance for your help.PS What is OSCAR
Post Reply Post Reply
Well my setting on my bmc G3 is 8/16, anything less than 7 I get claustrophobic so I would suggest increase min pressure to 7+ also if you are a mouth breather a hybrid full face mask might help with claustrophobia, download imatrix software for resvent ibreeze to generate report
Post Reply Post Reply
Gross 
I neglected to mention: On a scale of 1-10 I have an anxiety level of 20 since Bringing this thing home. It exists even in the daytime. It's so bad, I considered going to the ER a couple of times. I'm not normally an anxious person but I've suffered with claustrophobia since I was a child (diagnosed). Before therapy, getting on an elevator was difficult, but I managed to overcome it in my teens. Well, it's back! Since I sleepwalk, medication is a no go--it tends to worsen the sleep walking. Are there any coping techniques you guys know of? The few I have are NOT working.

Where does one find Imatrix?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2022, 02:15 PM)AngrySleepr Wrote: I neglected to mention: On a scale of 1-10 I have an anxiety level of 20 since Bringing this thing home. It exists even in the daytime. It's so bad, I considered going to the ER a couple of times. I'm not normally an anxious person but I've suffered with claustrophobia since I was a child (diagnosed). Before therapy, getting on an elevator was difficult, but I managed to overcome it in my teens. Well, it's back! Since I sleepwalk, medication is a no go--it tends to worsen the sleep walking. Are there any coping techniques you guys know of? The few I have are NOT working.

Where does one find Imatrix?
Well as your oxygen goes down 70 in the long run you can develop heart conditions which will bring complications on its own, download imatrix [DME Link Removed]See Supplier #40

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2022, 02:15 PM)AngrySleepr Wrote: Where does one find Imatrix?

You can try Supplier #40
On their main page click on "FAQ & Download > PC software" and scroll down to the iMatrix software d/l (Windows only)

EDIT:  It would also help if you updated your Profile with your machine make/model, mask make, pressure, etc...  You can click on UserCP on the top right of the page, or follow this link http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/usercp....on=profile
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Seems I'm outta luck for "Oscar"

(I'm android) and the co offers a windows PC download that works with an SD card (Again, android here), so I cannot access the info for Resvent Ibreeze 20A. They DO offer an iPhone app, but again Android here.

Should I return this unit?
Post Reply Post Reply
Resvent has something called WebAssist which is web based that appears to go with an android app (check Google Play).  I know nothing about it or how it works, but it popped up in a quick google search.

You will probably still need an SD card for your machine, but you can also get an SD card reader for your phone.  So it may be an option for you...
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 77 1,731 2 hours ago
Last Post: Quitethe1
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 1 77 5 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 51 Today, 09:13 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 66 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 404 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 158 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.