Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I am struggling, Oscar data, any help appreciated
RE: How DO you go to sleep with this machine?!
Thank you!
I double checked that I'm only filling the water chamber up to the 1/2 mark. My room is AC (central heat/air) but I run a humidifier separately from the cpap for other reasons. I thought there was something wrong as well- I asked the vendor what's up with that -their answer:It's a feature not a bug! They're super not helpful.
I will try the salve trick-at this point, I'll try anything. I know I'm super sensitive but I can't be the only one struggling! Only 20% stick with this. I finally fell asleep with it on last night when BAM water right up the nose! So, I ditched it in order to get some rest. It's terribly frustrating.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2022, 02:39 PM)AngrySleepr Wrote: Thank you!
I double checked that I'm only filling the water chamber up to the 1/2 mark. My room is AC (central heat/air) but I run a humidifier separately from the cpap for other reasons. I thought there was something wrong as well- I asked the vendor what's up with that -their answer:It's a feature not a bug! They're super not helpful.

Your CPAP machine should sense that your bedroom is humidified, and adjust the humidification accordingly. Apparently it's not doing that or it's not doing enough of it. Lower the humidity setting from 1 to 0.

Quote:I will try the salve trick-at this point, I'll try anything.

It may be that treating the sores with salve is a better strategy than humidification. The salve will make the pillows feel much more comfortable and will help with the seal.

Perhaps the water in the hose is a position thing. Is your CPAP machine placed above your head? Try lowering it so it's even with or below your head.

Quote:I know I'm super sensitive but I can't be the only one struggling! Only 20% stick with this. I finally fell asleep with it on last night when BAM water right up the nose! So, I ditched it in order to get some rest. It's terribly frustrating.

You shouldn't have to put up with the water up the nose. Tell your vendor that you are returning the machine. It's supposed to blow air, not water.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!
The machine isn't quite on the floor because I need to reach it but it's on a stand that's about 1ft off the floor.
Will try zero humidity and if I get more water up the nose will return tomorrow
I can adapt to a lot but not water up the nose!
Post Reply Post Reply
PS. I downloaded the clinicians manual and FINALLY found the auto setting for humidity! Why it's locked I dunno. Will try again tonight.
Here's a helpful blog for ibreeze users:
[DME Link Removed] - See Supplier #5, under the Home Sleep Test Provider List

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Settings are 8/20 pmax/pmin is this normal?
Hello,
The vendor set this machine at 8/20 pmax/pmin is this normal? I kinda feel like it's going to burst my lungs. They're actually very sore. I asked if they could ramp it down & was told: NO
I've figured out how I can do it myself thx to members here but I'm not even sure what's normal or safe.
Thx
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Settings are 8/20 pmax/pmin is this normal?
AngrySleepr - To help and provide the reader with your history, I will be merging your other 2 threads with this one and rename the combined thread, AngrySleepr's Therapy Thread.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AngrySleepr's Therapy Thread
PSS. Ive tried Imatrix, OBreathe,& Resmed apps listed on their site- the REP says if you're in the USA, ya can't use them!!! Sad
Anyone successfully transferred data with the Ibreeze 20A (I have android)
I'm really beginning to think this is a pc o crap machine & not user error
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #40 has the iMatrix software for the iBreeze CPAP for a Windows PC only. Another member has posted screenshots here of them using it with the iBreeze. What computer platform are you trying to install it on?

By the way, ResScan will only work on a Resmed CPAP and the Encore software works only with a Philips CPAP.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Android phone. No PC
Post Reply Post Reply
In that case, you are going to be out of luck.

Sorry!  Confused
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 76 1,719 27 minutes ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 1 76 2 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 51 9 hours ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 66 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 404 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 155 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.