Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I am struggling, Oscar data, any help appreciated
RE: AngrySleepr's Therapy Thread
I have a android phone, I have SEVERE sleep apnea (40 events no REM sleep) & I'm officially looking for a new machine. The sleep lab suggested an APAP machine though I don't know why.
Any suggestions?
I'll be buying it outright. Med Supply has an $800 Markup on this ibreeze that is clearly defective & subpar (avg rating is 2.3) and no good android data options.
Any help appreciated
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd look at Supplier #2 for a gently used Resmed or maybe even a Philips.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2022, 07:06 PM)AngrySleepr Wrote: I have a android phone, I have SEVERE sleep apnea (40 events no REM sleep) & I'm officially looking for a new machine. The sleep lab suggested an APAP machine though I don't know why.
Any suggestions?
I'll be buying it outright. Med Supply has an $800 Markup on this ibreeze that is clearly defective & subpar (avg rating is 2.3) and no good android data options.
Any help appreciated

An APAP machine is preferred over CPAP, especially if you are self-treating and titrating (determining optimum pressures).

ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet and ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her (Even if you're a Him) are the hands down favorite. AirSense 11 AutoSet  up there but still new, unproven and less of a market share.

With only an Android phone, you will not be able to get access to good therapy-useful data. Getting a ResMed (or any CPAP) will not solve your App problem. OSCAR only runs on computers (PC, Mac or Linux). The phone apps MyAir and DreamMapper are poor for diagnostics and are basically motivational tools. With MyAir you often can't use it you're buying used and the previous owner registered it. They can't be unregistered from MyAir by end users.

SleepHQ is an option for ResMed's but it's challenging to port the data from an SD Card and you need to get an SD Card Reader for your your phone. Mobile phones are a poor choice for the highly granular data.

I am an advocate for buying used, I've bought and sold a few on buy and sell websites, but there's some things to be aware of before doings so.
Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot to mention that if you get a CPAP that is compatible with OSCAR, you can pick up a Chromebook for around $200USD to run it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just purchased a Refurbished ResMed S10 Autoset for Her CPAP machine! 1/2 of the $ this ibreeze cost me & hopefully one I can actually use!
Thanks for recommendations.
Any tips?
Post Reply Post Reply
Pmin Pmax 8/20 is this normal?
My machine is set at 8/20 min/max. Is this normal?
It actually hurts my lungs/airways & makes it really difficult to talk, swallow, breathe through my nose. My ears are popping & my lungs are soooo sore.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-06-2022, 12:35 PM)AngrySleepr Wrote: Just purchased a Refurbished ResMed S10 Autoset for Her CPAP machine! 1/2 of the $ this ibreeze cost me & hopefully one I can actually use!
Thanks for recommendations.
Any tips?

ResMed is the best, I think. I hope you can get your money back for the ibreeze. Just take it back to the and tell them you don't want it.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pmin Pmax 8/20 is this normal?
Lower the max pressure to 16
Post Reply Post Reply
Diagnosing the problem requires data
Download OSCAR, read the wili, and the post your charts so the experts can see whats really going on. Otherwise, shooting in thr dark.

I dont think there is a NORMAL that applies to everyone but there are optimum setting that apply person by person. OSCAR charts will help the experts determine yours.
Post Reply Post Reply
By your comments I'm GUESSING that your pressure is going too high. We do not know all your settings nor do we know what is (I'm guessing) causing them to go high. you need to minimize the cause and without the detailed charts we just don't know what to do.

Please post your daily OSCAR charts.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 73 1,663 Yesterday, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 0 60 Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 400 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 148 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Struggling with pressure etc ubuntootoo 9 269 03-22-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.