Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I am totally lost
I am totally lost
For over half a year I have been trying to get tested. I have had a WatchPat which suggested SDB (moderate RDI), so I got 2 home studies with EEG done. One showed high REM RDI (34), but I only got 7 minutes of REM the entire night (around 2 hours of sleep total). The other showed virtually 0 RDI. 

I got an in-lab but again barely got any sleep (around 4 hours) and got 28 minutes of REM, this time with a REM RDI of 16. 

I have shelled out money for these tests. I also shelled out money for a DreamStation before I knew about the recall (and they still haven't recalled mine).

Then there are people who say that there are different types of scoring (a/b?) and that if a lab uses one paticular type it could be useless for diagnosing UARS.

I have attached my tests in my previous posts. Is RDI enough to go on a machine?

Should I do yet another in-lab with a different clinic? But I already know that they won't tell me what type of scoring they use or they might lie (for my in lab I asked whether they contain certain measures like pulse variability and they confirmed it but didn't include any of these measures on the report and refuse to give it to me). 

I can't keep shelling out money on failed tests that I don't even know the scoring of. I have no idea what to do.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I am totally lost
Hi,
_ If were me, maybe I would rent a PAP (preference for the aircurve 20 Resmed Vauto, maybe), rather than going to another lab test..
_ then, plot OSCAR data here, and see what ouro peers say.
All the best and good luck.

Post Reply Post Reply
....Air Curve 10; apologies..

Post Reply Post Reply
...REM RDI (34), exactlly like me, at the very beginning, on August, 2017.
....love this concept: REM RDI. My original all night AHI was some 5.0. Luckly, the MD suggest using the brick Cpap, anyway (my re-birth in life); lost 1year, no Oscar, blind. Then, Oscar and the therapy on my hands. 1.5 month on APAP, also not tailored for my UARS. Finally, the Aircurve 10, and gradual improvments and some steps back;
... Amazing! Quite recently, my new ENT (good wise doctor), asked for a New lab study, which pretty much replicated the first one, that is, REM hypopneas around 30/hr, hundredhts of awakenings/arousals, and he said I could without PAP, eventually!!!!

All the best and good luck

Post Reply Post Reply
Respiratory disturbances are all about flow limitations, and that is what the Resmed machines target. The Aircurve 10 Vauto is best in class for squashing flow limits and the consequent respiratory effort related arousals and hypopnea. The Philips Dreamstation CPAP really only has a single pressure modified by xFlex, but the Aircurve machines use EPR or a very effective pressure support that gets behind each inhale and helps to sustain it to achieve a normal flow peak. A very good article by Dr Barry Krakow in our wiki helps explain it. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._and_BiPAP
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New to cpap, lost and confused Sophia 4 122 04-08-2024, 08:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Lost weight, no doc, can't get my settings right... japesinjapan 10 437 04-04-2024, 03:18 AM
Last Post: bushinc
  Lost Red Pressure Graph Line ejbpesca 5 398 11-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Lost Trust in CheckmeMax O2 Watch cmpman1974 1 336 10-05-2023, 01:30 AM
Last Post: Old Mike
Question Newbie and using OSCAR - SUPER LOST and looking for advice DaveHirschler 26 2,129 08-01-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: DaveHirschler
  At a lost Sabee 6 716 03-23-2023, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Sabee
Gross [CPAP] Lost and Confused. Mycpapaccount 1 545 03-16-2023, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.