Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I bought the S9 Autoset, need set up help
I bought the S9 Autoset, need set up help
I set it up for Auto
Ramp 10 minutes as I am normally asleep in less time
Smartstart is not available to change in clinical menus. Why?
Even though its set up for auto, I have the option to set hi/lo pressures. Should I and does it actually make a difference if in auto mode
As i am bypassing the place that gave my sleep study I have no info other than I DO NOT have apnea, but likely sleep disordered breathing and a spo2 of 82 low, 89 mean and this is what I am trying to fix

Am I good to go with the setting as is?

Does the H20 tank and humidity come into this with set up?
Humidity around here is pretty low and right now its fairly dry at about 35% humidity.

The equipment has the climateline
I have a full face mask

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I bought the S9 Autoset, need set up help
(03-22-2017, 06:45 PM)bexiesbruv Wrote: I set it up for Auto
Ramp 10 minutes as I am normally asleep in less time

Then I suggest you turn it off all together. It's a comfort feature only. If you can tolerate the starting pressure then just turn off the ramp.

Quote:Smartstart is not available to change in clinical menus. Why?

No clue. Have you gotten the manual for this machine yet? You can request it here.
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Quote:Even though its set up for auto, I have the option to set hi/lo pressures. Should I and does it actually make a difference if in auto mode

I am not sure what you are asking here. Auto mode means you need a hi/lo pressure set. It doesn't automatically find it for you exactly. You establish a minimum and a maximum and it does not go below or above those. But you still have to set it. Since you are starting out, you could go with "wide open" at 4-20 then narrow it down after gathering data for a few weeks.

Quote:As i am bypassing the place that gave my sleep study I have no info other than I DO NOT have apnea, but likely sleep disordered breathing and a spo2 of 82 low, 89 mean and this is what I am trying to fix

So...you do not have obstructive sleep apnea? Nor central sleep apnea? But you do have the diagnosis of "sleep disordered breathing"? Did they recommend a cpap machine to treat this or are you just assuming you need one? If they recommended CPAP, did they have a titration prescribed?

Hooking  yourself up to a CPAP isn't going to magically "fix" your low SpO2 unless the pressure is adjusted correctly and it is the correct treatment to begin with.

Quote:Am I good to go with the setting as is?

Depends on what the setting is and what you need. Could be and probably are two totally different things.

Quote:Does the H20 tank and humidity come into this with set up?
Humidity around here is pretty low and right now its fairly dry at about 35% humidity.

The equipment has the climateline
I have a full face mask

Thanks

You could try it without the humidity to see how it goes. Do you breathe with your mouth open? If so, then you will probably need the humidifier on. If you do not, then you don't need it and you don't need the full face mask (FFM).
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks

They said to try cpap, so yes, their suggestion, not me assuming its a fix, but in order to try I need to pay them for a trial period, and I do not want to do this.

I did email for the manual and have it.

Hi/lo pressure, I thought it would find the correct pressures so I will set it for 4/20

I do breathe with my mouth open at times, and I'm usually breathing that way when I wake up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Go 6-10
Most users find 4 too low.
10 because your condition is unknown to at least most of us.

It is cautious. Adjust after the first night if it looks good.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2017, 08:02 PM)bonjour Wrote: Go 6-10
Most users find 4 too low.
10 because your condition is unknown to at least most of us.

It is cautious.  Adjust after the first night if it looks good.

Thanks, i appreciate the suggestion.
Post Reply Post Reply
IIRC, the S9 gray out smartstart when the mask type is set to full face. This is because full face masks have an entrainment valve.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I disagree with the 6-10. It is too narrow a range for someone just starting out. And while those of us who have been using CPAP for a while may find 4 to be too low, a lot of new users may not.

If they did not suggestion a treatment pressure or range, then either leave it wide open for at least a week or narrow the range slightly. If you would rather narrow the range at the beginning, then I would suggest something more like 6-12 or 15 and again, watch the data for at least a week. The key here is watching the data. I suggest you download SleepyHead (link at top of every page on this forum) instead of going by what the machine's screen says in the morning.

Also, read this over as it offers a lot of information. If you have any questions about it, just ask.
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...re-on-cpap
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all, I have been reading from the board extensively the past week and have asked a few more detailed questions and got good answers to each.
I set the S9 to 4/14
I thought the set up procedure would be a little simpler than it appeared.
I believed when set to auto, all other options would be unavailable, more or less, but that was not the case.
I have had the sleepyhead software on my PC waiting for a couple weeks now and just imported last nights session, along with separate oximitry data from a wrist device I have.
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome! How did your first night go?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2017, 10:50 AM)Hydrangea Wrote: Awesome!  How did your first night go?

Probably better if I'm honest, than expected. I usually wake up several times and last night was no different.
No discomfort though but I did have nightmare about breathing, the first nightmarei have had for years.
My blood pressure, which is why I am doing this, was marginally lower than my normal morning pressure, but if will take a few more nights to determine if it's actually improving
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [CPAP] Just bought a second hand bilevel, hoping for some help with titration? JohnnyLarueBathrobe 8 282 03-01-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP - and I bought a NIB machine in the secondary market SaveItTilLater 23 1,811 03-17-2023, 02:50 PM
Last Post: SaveItTilLater
  autoset vs autoset for her on airsense 11? Uzupan 7 1,388 02-06-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S10 Autoset or S11 Autoset? The Latinist 3 1,865 02-01-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: tomtiki
  AirSense11 AutoSet dougsooley 4 756 10-22-2022, 03:49 PM
Last Post: dougsooley
  [Equipment] From iBreeze to Autoset 10 kirby4564 12 1,238 10-15-2022, 11:34 AM
Last Post: kirby4564

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.