Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I can't stop feeling my face pulse!
Gross 
I can't stop feeling my face pulse!
My nose and sinuses are pulsing all day long! It's driving me bonkers! Will it stop or will I get used to this? Any ideas??
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I can't stop feeling my face pulse!
Should get used to it. mine still do that sometimes and I think it is my brain saying "hey you have a cold!" because pressure used to always mean a cold. Personally I would lay there with the mask on and tell myself "no this is CPAP, not a cold" to relearn what that feeling meant. I would do the same thing during the day to stop responding to the changing pressure like it was a cold coming on. YMMV.
Post Reply Post Reply
It only during the day... Somewhat intermittent. But all day long.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm wondering are you maybe using too high humidification?
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have it on three and my nose temp at 75. It's been unseasonably warm here. With high humidity. I'm trying not to change too much at one time. I bumped up my minimum pressure 2 nights ago.
Post Reply Post Reply
I lowered the humidity 1 and I feel a little better today. Still can feel my face a lot but it's not pulsating like yesterday.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not familiar with face pulsing but the humidity settings sure can cause problems sometimes. You didn't say what part of the country that you live in but most of the country is still having warmer temps then normal which usually means somewhat high humidity. I live in Florida and if I run the humidity anytime other then cold nights (50 lol) I will be congested in the morning. I think you have got the right idea by reducing the humidifier. Also you may be running a higher pressure then necessary.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-13-2015, 08:35 PM)JudgeMental Wrote: I'm not familiar with face pulsing but the humidity settings sure can cause problems sometimes. You didn't say what part of the country that you live in but most of the country is still having warmer temps then normal which usually means somewhat high humidity. I live in Florida and if I run the humidity anytime other then cold nights (50 lol) I will be congested in the morning. I think you have got the right idea by reducing the humidifier. Also you may be running a higher pressure then necessary.

We live in the Midwest. It's been super warm here. And humid!
My 90% pressure is 10.6 my AHI is still above 9 most of the time...
Getting there slowly.
I also find I am taking too many deep breaths when awake! All day long... Deep breaths.Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,223 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,839 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 261 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 527 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 204 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 674 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 230 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.