Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I cant figure out if I could have UARS from my sleep study results.
RE: I cant figure out if I could have UARS from my sleep study results.
We can try to optimize with your current machine first. There is some software for the Prisma in our Private Files and Links forum area that may help you to better visualize the types of events that occur. I think it's likely that bilevel pressure will be more helpful based on your diagnosis, but many people find CPAP helps to get good results. Just understand that with CPAP the only tool is pressure which can help open your airway to prevent resistance and obstruction, but with bilevel you also get pressure support which makes breathing easier and compensates for any airway resistance. Let's give it our best try with the CPAP first.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2020, 08:23 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: We can try to optimize with your current machine first. There is some software for the Prisma in our Private Files and Links forum area that may help you to better visualize the types of events that occur.  I think it's likely that bilevel pressure will be more helpful based on your diagnosis, but many people find CPAP helps to get good results. Just understand that with CPAP the only tool is pressure which can help open your airway to prevent resistance and obstruction, but with bilevel you also get pressure support which makes breathing easier and compensates for any airway resistance.  Let's give it our best try with the CPAP first.

I unfortunately could not make that software work. I tried multiple times and ended up having issues with setting up a SQL server on my laptop. Then I tried to reinstall the SQL server and that didnt go well. Spent hours trying to get rid of it and it didnt work. So now I am stuck with having to completely reinstall my windows when I get time, just so that I can install SQL server again for this app.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2020, 05:28 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 02:11 PM)vrapche031 Wrote: Thank you both for the detailed answers. I was supposed to have a sleep study in a month with a over the counter MAD device but I couldnt get used to it, so I am trying to change that for a follow up sleep study with my CPAP. Its not in the same sleep lab where my initial one was , so I will ask them to check for UARS and push for more information after.

I also need to push for another CPAP machine which is supported by Oscar because its driving me insane that I dont have access to almost any data.

Could anyone maybe suggest other BiPAP machines that are good and supported by Oscar? I would like to check if they are available in Germany because the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto can only be bought from one shop. So I dont think that I will be able to get it from the company thats given me my CPAP.

Also, Sleeprider - when you say that I should make my pressure a bit higher, what exactly do you mean? I have APAP on 7 to 14 currently and on most nights the average is somewhere between 8 to 12. To what do you suggest to raise it?

My disadvantage is I don't know your full range of settings.  You seem to be using pressure that is within the range the machine provides with its auto pressure, but I don't know if you're using a pressure relief feature and at what setting.  If your machine likes being at 8 to 12, I would certainly change the minimum to 8.0 or perhaps 9.0 to make sure you're starting in the sweet spot, and as I said, maximize the use of exhale pressure relief.

So I tried moving my apap from 7-14 to 9-13 and for the last two nights this is what I got :

First night : 1/h obstructive , 8/h central, pressure demand 12hPa
Second night : 3/h obstructive, 7/h central, pressure demand 12.5hPa

my average in the last 30 days was 1/h obstructive, 2/h central and 10hPa pressure demand

A bit strange that my centrals sky rocketed that much. Since I started using CPAP I only had two days where they were higher than 4. 

Think I should lower to 8-13?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you demonstrated the old pressure as better, and perhaps optimized for you. I certainly don't endorse making changes that increase events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I returned the device to its original settings, 7-14.

out of curiosity, since my centrals were pretty high in the last two days. would this then eliminate the possibility of UARS ?
Post Reply Post Reply
you can contact Vivisol in Austria and make the payment and they will send it to you.
Or just take Flix bus to Vienna it is like maybe 20 euros, buy it, try it, different masks... 

have nice ice cream it's a beautiful city.

But of course cpap shop is also legit I think.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 955 11 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 167 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 234 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 0 65 Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 77 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.