Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I changed my resmed AirSense 10 Autoset to auto
I changed my resmed AirSense 10 Autoset to auto
Recently have been feeling bad lately , just pawned it off to stress and work and life stuff, diet has kinda gone downhill  coupled with reduction of exercise. Anyway the stress and anxiety and all have led to some weight gain, and I been for several weeks waking up with rapid heartbeat and feeling exhausted. 

I noticed I felt like I wasn't getting enough air, my pressure is set at 10 but I feel that is too low. Was on vacation 2 weeks ago, on a peaceful serene island no stress and sleep was terrible, woke up a few times and looked at my fit bit and my heart rate was over irregular going up to 120 140 beats a minute.

Granted this is a wrist watch HR monitor but I have found it be fairly accurate, normal HR at rest is 50-55 and sleep 38-40. I also noticed I was gasping for air.
Within 2 minutes HR was back down, and tossed and turned the rest of the night.

I decided when i got back to change my settings to autoset, has a max of 20 and min of 4, and have felt like a new man ever since.

I don't know if I will get "in trouble" for changing the settings during the review period or if they monitor it via wireless but if they do confront me about it I was going to tell them my sleep machine fell off the stand when I rolled over.

During my training several people had theirs set to auto by their dr's, so I was just curious if anyone here has their machine set to auto?

I am switching to a pretty much clean diet of just complex carbs veggies and chicken and fish and eliminating all processed foods diet sodas etc, and going to start exercising 7 days a week instead of the 2-3 I have fallen back to. 7 Days a week brisk morning walks EOD training with weights after warming up with HIT cardio.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I changed my resmed AirSense 10 Autoset to auto
I think many here suggested using auto pressure, and downloading #Sleepyhead software so you can actually see what is happening and why. I think changing to Autoset mode is great, but you need to increase the minimum pressure to something that more closely fits your median or average pressure need, and let the pressure increase from there, rather than starting from the default minimum pressure of 4 cm.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the feedback. I still don't have a laptop I can download the sleepyhead software on, I am working on getting a new one, as the 2 refurbished ones I purchased in the last 3 months crashed.

Any experiences with the supply companies monitoring the data or settings?
I need to call them and order new supplies, I thought it was set up on the machine to alert me of when I could get new supplies - that's what the tech told me but it's been over 6 months and my set point is every 3 months.
Post Reply Post Reply
You will need to call your supplier and ask about replacement supplies. At 6 months you may be due for new cushion, mask, headgear, filters, tubing, and humidifier container. Replacement intervals vary, but mask cushions and filters are usually monthly. If you have copays you can certainly use longer replacement intervals, but it's nice to get backups. For example, I empty the water chamber and let it dry while the second one in in service. I can clean a hose and let it dry until I rotate it back into service again (monthly).

Your DME probably gets compliance data and basic settings and AHI. They don't see the detailed data. On your machine, you can get a more detailed sleep report on the machine screen by going into the clinical menu and finding ESSENTIALS. Make sure the setting is PLUS not on or off. When you view the on-screen sleep report you will now see detailed breakdown of AHI and can see what your average and 90% pressure is. That information can help you optimize the machine pending a laptop.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2017, 10:03 AM)jasonarmstrong Wrote: . . . the 2 refurbished ones I purchased in the last 3 months crashed.
I'm curious. Were the failures hardware or software based?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2017, 10:46 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:   

Your DME probably gets compliance data and basic settings and AHI. They don't see the detailed data.  On your machine, you can get a more detailed sleep report on the machine screen by going into the clinical menu and finding ESSENTIALS.  Make sure the setting is PLUS not on or off. When you view the on-screen sleep report you will now see detailed breakdown of AHI and can see what your average and 90% pressure is.  That information can help you optimize the machine pending a laptop.

Thank you for this I sometimes forget what a huge resource this board is and all the knowledge and experience you guys have and share it with us all.
Myair resmed app is kinda worthless. I'll check the report tonight in detail as you outlined above.
Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2017, 10:55 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote:
(09-20-2017, 10:03 AM)jasonarmstrong Wrote: . . . the 2 refurbished ones I purchased in the last 3 months crashed.
I'm curious.  Were the failures hardware or software based?

I went with tigerdirect ..they refunded my money and never told me what the failure mode was.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 470 5 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Changed to Airsense 11, few CA's Stubert 10 249 Yesterday, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,929 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 409 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,333 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 182 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 0 93 03-08-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: jed3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.