Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I could use some advice please
I could use some advice please
Been using cpap for about 2 months. Been struggling with several areas. Mask seal has been a pain, I've tried 4 different mask at this point and have found at this time the resmed mirage quattro has given the best seal but is a pain to the bridge of my nose. I have a full goatee so I have to really crank down on the harness to get a good seal. Anyway, I'm posting some screenshots from last night and I can post more from previous nights if needed. My AHI seems to be all over the place from night to night. Can someone look at my charts and give some ideas on what I may need to do? If you need any other views, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I could use some advice please
Well for most of the night, you do great, but between 11:00 and midnight you have what we often call "positional apnea". This is the result of using too many pillows or sleeping in a position that "kinks" your airway. Take a look at our wiki article and see what you think. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am currently using a single pillow that is not really thick. I've also used a wedge pillow to elevate the torso. It appears the lower my events, the worst my mask seal is.
Post Reply Post Reply

Try a nasal pillow mask like an AirFit P-10.  A full face mask is miserable IMO and is hard to keep sealed especially with facial hair.  The AirFit is light weight and stays sealed.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am a mouth breather so I can't use a nasal mask. I have currently started using the resmed airtouch 20 and over the last 3 nights have done a little better. Will update in a few days.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,835 10 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 305 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 181 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 145 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 809 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.