Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I could use some advice.
RE: I could use some advice.
Once again, thanks to all for your responses. I'll do my best to answer some of the questions. I've never had a heart attack. I was treated successfully for AFIB. I had a cardio version one time, and that brought my heart back into proper rhythm. 

I've had lots of blood work and all is fine in that regard. I have had acid re-flux and have taken meds for it, but not much success. Pretty much gave up on the meds and got on with my life. 

Never smoked, used illegal drugs, or drank to any excess in my life. It's been many years since even a beer. For definitive purposes, I'm not a drinker. 

I do take a high blood pressure med, once a day. Seemed like AFTER my AFIB treatment, that became an issue. While I was working, I had a complete physical every year for over 30 yrs. Never a blood pressure issue. I had medical professionals remarking at how well my blood pressure was, and they wished theirs was as good. 

I'm well aware there are different degrees as to the severity of SA. Even though I was told mine was moderate to severe, I question the accuracy of it and the need for the sleep center to continue to find new patients. But, that's just my opinion and it's not medically backed up. 

I'm suspecting that I'm just getting older, and I have the proof to back that claim up.  Bigwink As most know, you don't get any better as you age. It's a steep downhill slope, and you pick up speed as the years tick by. 

As far as the therapy going, it's gone well, from the very 1st night to now. I'm just not feeling it. And yes, there could be a whole host of reasons for that. I find it necessary to pick & choose the leads I feel I need to chase. 

Anyways, I do thank those of you that have responded to my thread. It helps! I don't plan on doing anything rash until I have more of a solid grasp as to what is occurring. I know that SA Therapy is a long and drawn out process. I'm trying my best to mentally prepare myself for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sincere best to ya. That downhill ride may overheat my power rehab chair's brakes if I'm not careful.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2020, 04:38 PM)michael9346 Wrote: Big Guy,

I'm not certain you really want advise as much as the need to know others out there are feeling what you feel. I assure you the answer is yes. I'm running ahead of you in the age category, about 8 years and have put my body through pure hell. I smoked 30 years then quit 26 years ago. Like you, I had a heart attack. Followed by a triple heart by pass, atrial fibrillation, Diabetes, sleep apnea (20 years before treatment) and  recently survived prostate cancer. Now I am facing double hip replacement. My biggest disappointment is not being able to do the things I could do when I was younger.

I have been on Cpap therapy for 3 years and maintain -1.00 most times and about ten "00's" per month. You would think I was on top of the world. No, I am just "old". I have put on lots of mileage with much wear and tear. I'm sure the benefits of SA therapy has taken a lot of strain off my heart and for that I am grateful. It has allowed me to watch my great grandchildren grow and allowed me to be recipients of there love.

I say all that in hopes you will look around. Savor your blessings and think on all the good things in your life. I doubt there are very few of us who will ever feel like we did when we were younger.

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2020, 07:02 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Sincere best to ya. That downhill ride may overheat my power rehab chair's brakes if I'm not careful.

All the best and please hang in there.
Talking about brakes, when we had one donated that didn't work my step-son said he knew what he was doing. So I let him get on and shoved him down the hill....I yell you need to slow down...his answer....wheres the brakes....I feel like most days  Huhsign
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-30-2020, 06:47 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I wish I could tell you whatever it might be to help figure out why you've not gotten the benefit of CPAP. The fact is I don't know. I would think that by now there should be a benefit. I know for my Complex apnea and COPD, it took a few months for me to begin feeling better for use. And that was with several years of untreated apnea.

Has there been any discussions or consideration that something else medical is below the surface hindering this working well?

However it turns out, I wish you the best.

Have you checked your O2 levels lately?
Post Reply Post Reply
Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-30-2020, 08:12 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You have been around long enough to figure out the pros and cons of the therapy.  You're a big boy, and I'm not going to sit here and plead with you not to quit.  If it works for you, you know. You probably have all the information you need to optimize therapy, and certainly could ask if you wanted our advise.  You sound conflicted my son, and yet you know the answer. All you "have to do is do it" or ask.  That said, your complaint is common among CPAP users and once therapy is optimized, it can be frustrating when problems continue. I usually tell people to look outside of the CPAP therapy for issues.  Personally, I have been through this for many years, with a major illness five years ago (Lyme meningitis) that left me wiped out. I don't know that I have ever felt the same since.

You sound like you understand eastern philosophy. Looking outside of A/CPAP is a great idea! But, I noticed for the last 6 months+ I feel like crap. To bad they burn us on the O2 meters..ie CMS50I....had to order another meter to see what is going on all night...Using el cheapo I bought to spot check my Lady's O2 during the day...On a/cpap I'm 95 down to 89?hard to read @1 am...
Not to hijack the thread, just add ideas to try to help a brother...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 164 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 250 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 853 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,783 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 77 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 786 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.