Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Two week newbe need help
RE: Two week newbe need help
Thanks Dormeo,

I will try that as well. Can you explain why it's better with ramp off?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sure. You will get the full benefit of EPR with a higher starting pressure. In addition, some people's sleep is a little disrupted when the pressure starts rising after the ramp period. You may or may not have that particular problem, and turning off the ramp would be a good way to find out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent, thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: One month going backwards?
Good morning. So it's been a month sense I started this journey into apap land. First is I can't seem to get past 6 hours of sleep, with untreated I sleep 7 to 8 hours. I will say that I'm feeling OK but worried about not sleeping enough. I went to LG pillows and felt like I am breathing easier but the last couple of nights my AHI is slightly rising, feel like I'm slipping backwards.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The changes in your AHI seem well within normal variability to my eye, and overall your numbers still look good. If you're feeling fine during the day, you may just need less sleep than you used to when you had untreated apnea. But if you sense that you might feel better with more sleep, then I suspect the solution will probably not have much to do with your settings or Oscar numbers.

Caffeine can stay in the body longer than you might think. Alcohol in the evening can make falling asleep easier but then disrupt sleep later in the night. Going to bed at the same time every night can help resolve maintenance insomnia. Your sleep environment needs a close look: are there aspects of your mattress, pillow, bedding, room temperature, or light control that could be messing with your ability to stay asleep? And getting exposure to sunlight during the day will help regulate sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Dormeo, I think your ideas are spot on and I will try them tonight. I checked my pillow mask fit today and I'm going back to Medium pillows and see if that helps also.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good day all, I've posted my latest chart with a couple questions. AHI is ZERO! but I've now have taken notice of several waxing and waning patterns in expanded flow rate + irregular inhale peaks. CO2 issue? over treating? having mild brain fog too, I know this is only 6-7 weeks seance staring treatment so I'm trying to give all of this time. Any ideas?

Sorry, ignore the first thumbnail

also, Title volume issue?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You are getting very little sleep, so I'm not surprised you're feeling foggy. Can you work on lengthening your sleep time?

Yes, you had a period of mild instability in your breathing. I didn't myself see any sign you were awake then. You may simply have been near your "apneic threshold," which is the level at which your deeper breaths wash out just enough CO2 to slightly depress your urge to breathe. Don't worry about it.

Your tidal volume is fine. TV is the number of ml of air you breathe in and out during one breath. What's normal depends a lot on whether you're a larger or a small person. Roughly speaking, men will have a normal TV around 500 and women around 400.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, yeh, getting more sleep would be nice. I hope that time will help. You said "very little sleep" is this based on just time? or a pattern you see else where? Also in my last posting a few days ago you mentioned one thing in particular that is a habit that I acquired during covid isolation, night time libations, I'm trying to reduce and/or quit, at least for the majority of days. This journey has exposed my faults to a large degree, god willing and some personal fortitude I will over come this, would reducing min.pressure to 6 and epr to 2 help with waxing?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First post - First week of CPAP R1c4ard06 3 101 04-16-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: R1c4ard06
  Having fluctuating results 3rd week in. Data attached Jscott321 5 212 04-03-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Jscott321
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 9 660 03-30-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 181 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  [NEW USER] First Week - Help Getting Oriented rarmstrong26 4 253 03-05-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: rarmstrong26
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 274 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 709 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.