Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I'd like introduce myself to you
Gross 
I'd like introduce myself to you
I'm here primarily to gain knowledge and wisdom, with high hopes of  discovering opportunities to help others. I have OSA, which was diagnosed about 25 years ago. I stopped using it after about 10 to 12 years, then was reevaluated five or so years ago, and I was again diagnosed with OSA, and COPD as well. Since then, I've successfully have used a ResMed Escape II until last December, when the mask fell apart. To get a replacement, I was required to do another sleep study. It was done at home with a CPAP, which revealed that my apneas could be resolved but my O2 was too low. A second study was required, with a BiPAP.
That study was interrupted by a little bradycardia which necessitated an emergency pacemaker placement. During that hospital visit, it was necessary to be on O2. After release, at my follow-up visit with the RRT RCP, it was discovered that the BiPAP couldn't get the job done and I had to have 2-3l O2 -- I needed an oxygen concentrator (but only for sleep -- go figure), at about 2-3 lpm nocturnal oximetry (because there were approximately 109‐111 minutes where oxygen saturation levels were <= 88% on both CPAP and BiPAP alone).
My doctor has ordered an AirSense 10 AutoSet, which has been approved (I'm on Medicare) and sent to Avira, who has collected my co-pay and is now doing what they're known for. Medicare hasn't yet approved the O2 concentrator, but one of the doctor's nurses informed me that she would add an 'Urgent' flag to the request.
I apologize in advance; I realize that this history and details are not as well-ordered and complete as you might like. That's partly because this forum and exhaustive information repository are new to me, and also, I admit, my cognitive ability is declining significantly -- and who knows, it may not be effected by OSA; it might just be my inate dumbness.  Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I'd like introduce myself to you
Hello, is there anything else can possibly go wrong?   Unsure Rolleyes 
You do believe in getting your moneys worth Smile 

Seriously though, you are having some time of it!
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

And welcome to the Wrongling Bros. 3 ring circus, starring your pulmonary doc, the DME, and the health insurance co. We at Apnea Board will help you keep these Ducks in a row. Keep us updated how things progress. While you wait, please feel free to visit the A.B. cafe for some great coffee and donuts. The virtual kind are all that's left, sorry.

lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, have you eaten all the rest?
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
No, I forgot to bring them from the virtual donut store.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ahh shucks!

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the board. If you want to do some reading there's link's below on masks and sleepyhead also a download link for sleepyhead software.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2018, 04:52 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Welcome

And welcome to the Wrongling Bros. 3 ring circus, starring your pulmonary doc, the DME, and the health insurance co. We at Apnea Board will help you keep these Ducks in a row. Keep us updated how things progress. While you wait, please feel free to visit the A.B. cafe for some great coffee and donuts. The virtual kind are all that's left, sorry.

lots-o-coffee

That's the first encouraging news I've had! Please get them lined up now (single-file, if you can); I'm getting my gun now...

Oh, and I appreciate the offer of refreshments but since you don't offer Guinness, I'll leave them for the hungry guys.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2018, 06:27 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Welcome to the board. If you would to do some reading there's link's below on masks and sleepyhead also a download link for sleepyhead software.

Thanks! (er... I've already sneaked into those links. Sorry! <abashed grin>)

The links have provided as much help as the various posts I've read. Sadly, none provide methods to "persuade" DME providers and/or Medicare to do in a timely manner what they eventually will do.
Post Reply Post Reply
You could walk back and forth in front of the store with a billboard that reads "Still Waiting for My Machine!"
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself Snorriette 9 1,203 06-18-2020, 02:30 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Hello folks, allow me to introduce myself nightrider1669 8 2,329 09-09-2018, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Hello. I'd like to introduce myself, and ask for help from this site. KampusKop 16 5,891 04-17-2013, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Shastzi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.