Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I did something really stupid and I think I broke my machine
I did something really stupid and I think I broke my machine
Resmed airsense 10 autoset

For some reason even though I knew it was probably stupid when I was doing it, I poured water down the intake tube behind the filter

Right away I knew I messed up when none of it came back out lol. I was able to put some paper towel down there and slosh it around enough to soak up all the water that wouldn't come out and I believe i got it all, however when I went to turn it without a make the air was pulsing every second.  Then when I put the mask on it was sputtering and just off the wall. 

Anyone have any clue what I broke?  I'm hoping it's just some sensor that got wet and needs time to dry but I have no idea.  I tried taking it apart and couldn't figure out how to get it open
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I did something really stupid and I think I broke my machine
G'day cbcbcbcb. Welcome to Apnea Board.

I'm trying to visualise where the water went - can you expand on that? Also, how much water went in?

In the meantime place the machine in a warm, dry place so that any residual water can evaporate. Not too hot!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board. Make sure to unplug and let it dry. Water should only be added to the humidifier tub BTW.

As for permanent damage or not, it is possible either way. While it's possible that the water evaporates and causes no permanent damage, it's more probable that the water did damage the machine in a way that it's totaled. The verbal description sounds like you poured water into the air intake behind the air filter for some undisclosed reason. Definitely, let's decide now that you don't try this again for any reason. I'll say again what I said above, when it comes to water and this machine, the water goes into the water tub only. None ever goes into the CPAP itself. Hope the machine recovers from the bath.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
For reference, here is a disassembly video of the AirSense 10.

Here is the direct link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpI0AVoC...e=youtu.be
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't do anything. You clearly have no idea how this machine works. Put it in your car and drive to the DME where you got it, and ask for instructions. Let them evaluate and dry out the machine. Anything further you do could cause damage that won't be covered., especially disassembly. The DME should have instructed you on the correct use of the machine and how to put water in the humidifier tub. Again. put down the screwdriver, get your keys and take the machine back where you got it.

I suspect you may have simply filled the humidifier tub through the tube in the top of the machine. The humidifier tub pulls out from the right side of the machine. Just grasp the clear tub top and bottom and pull it out. It opens up to empty and fill. You can then dry out the humidifier chamber. Owner's manuals are a good thing to read.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm can I ask what possessed you to pour water into the smallest hole in the machine that’s behind an air filter?
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, but I have to ask! You said that you poured water down the intake tube behind the filter. I'm assuming that you meant the machine's air filter? 

What in the world would possess you to do that?  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Metinks he useth the wrong calendar.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2020, 08:41 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Don't do anything. You clearly have no idea how this machine works.  Put it in your car and drive to the DME where you got it, and ask for instructions. Let them evaluate and dry out the machine.  Anything further you do could cause damage that won't be covered., especially disassembly.  The DME should have instructed you on the correct use of the machine and how to put water in the humidifier tub.  Again. put down the screwdriver, get your keys and take the machine back where you got it.

I suspect you may have simply filled the humidifier tub through the tube in the top of the machine. The humidifier tub pulls out from the right side of the machine. Just grasp the clear tub top and bottom and pull it out.  It opens up to empty and fill.  You can then dry out the humidifier chamber.  Owner's manuals are a good thing to read.

I was attempting to clean the internal airway of the machine and assumed the intake tube just went straight through to the humidifier intake, but obviously it doesn't.  The intake tube is behind the filter on the left side of the machine.

After i saw the pulsing air i just let it sit all night with the airways open, as my personal assumption (not knowing the internals of this thing (obviously lol)) is that there's some sort of mass air sensor in there that got wet, similar to the airflow sensor in an automobile intake tract.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2020, 06:46 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: For reference, here is a disassembly video of the AirSense 10.

Here is the direct link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpI0AVoC...e=youtu.be

That's super helpful, thanks.  It looks like the inside of the blower has protection against moisture so im guessing if i did damage it, the damage was done by shaking the cpap trying to get the water out, which makes me think this thing is toast :/
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question My CMS50I Broke Brewskie 8 292 01-10-2024, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Brewskie
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 405 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,196 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,797 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  mask broke jammer521 3 1,444 12-24-2020, 02:12 AM
Last Post: jammer521
  Is this normal or my APAP is simply stupid? fejsbukpejdz 45 4,247 06-21-2020, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Geer1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.