Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I downloaded Sleepyhead- need help with Macbook
I downloaded Sleepyhead- need help with Macbook
Quote:
ADMIN NOTE:
This thread is now closed. If you have a question regarding the SleepyHead software package, please go HERE.

To download the SleepyHead software, go here:
http://www.SleepFiles.com/SH/

I downloaded sleepy head, but I need help! How do I download the info from the SD card? I have a macbook Air. I need pretty specific help- not very Tech savy.
RE: I downloade Sleepyhead- need help!!
Sorry but I know nothing about Mac's.
Hang in there though, someone will drop by that knows.
Coffee
RE: I downloaded Sleepyhead- need help with Macbook
I changed the subject line for you so that the right people see this.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Hi Carolynn, I use a MacBook Air with Sleepyhead. You have a different model CPAP but I assume it works about the same as our model. The SD card in the CPAP machine can be inserted either directly into the SD card slot on the right hand side of your MacBook Air or you can put the SD card into a USB adapter and then put the adapter into one of your USB ports.

BEFORE doing either of those things, however, you should lock the SD card by sliding the little plastic slider to the lock position. [[ And then be sure to UNLOCK the SD card before putting it back into the CPAP machine.]]

Then you open Sleepyhead and follow the directions. Was not sure how far you had gotten into this process. Let me know if you need more about using the software itself.

(04-05-2013, 06:04 PM)carolynn Wrote: I downloaded sleepy head, but I need help! How do I download the info from the SD card? I have a macbook Air. I need pretty specific help- not very Tech savy.

(04-05-2013, 07:18 PM)SPOUSE Wrote: BEFORE doing either of those things, however, you should lock the SD card by sliding the little plastic slider to the lock position. [[ And then be sure to UNLOCK the SD card before putting it back into the CPAP machine.]]

You need to be sure you do this or when you insert the SD card into your Macbook Air, you will format your SD card and lose ALL your data.

The SleepyHead Users Guide gives some additional guidance. You can find it HERE.

Sleep-well
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(04-05-2013, 07:18 PM)SPOUSE Wrote: You have a different model CPAP but I assume it works about the same as our model.

I believe it works with the entire S9 line. It worked with an Escape so it would certainly work with an Elite.

Quote:BEFORE doing either of those things, however, you should lock the SD card by sliding the little plastic slider to the lock position. [[ And then be sure to UNLOCK the SD card before putting it back into the CPAP machine.]]

You will get a message on the S9 screen that your SD card is write protected if you forget to do this. Serious. I know. I tried it. Not on purpose either.
The problem will arise if you fail to read the display when you put the SD card back into the S9 unit. I make a habit of checking the display whenever I insert the card - just so there are no surprises.
(04-05-2013, 07:18 PM)SPOUSE Wrote: Hi Carolynn, I use a MacBook Air with Sleepyhead. You have a different model CPAP but I assume it works about the same as our model. The SD card in the CPAP machine can be inserted either directly into the SD card slot on the right hand side of your MacBook Air or you can put the SD card into a USB adapter and then put the adapter into one of your USB ports.

BEFORE doing either of those things, however, you should lock the SD card by sliding the little plastic slider to the lock position. [[ And then be sure to UNLOCK the SD card before putting it back into the CPAP machine.]]

Then you open Sleepyhead and follow the directions. Was not sure how far you had gotten into this process. Let me know if you need more about using the software itself.

(04-05-2013, 06:04 PM)carolynn Wrote: I downloaded sleepy head, but I need help! How do I download the info from the SD card? I have a macbook Air. I need pretty specific help- not very Tech savy.

thanks for the help.... first, I did put the SDcard in without locking it, but didn't do anything except eject it to change it... hope that didn't mess it up..
next, the instructions on the screen that came up say.....
"Please Import Some Data
SleepyHead is pretty much useless without it.
It might be a good idea to check preferences first,
as there are some options that affect import."
First import can take a few minutes."

so I clicked on "SD card/ Import data" icon on the right.. and "sleephead quit unexpectantly" screen came up.. Now what?
(04-05-2013, 08:26 PM)carolynn Wrote: thanks for the help.... first, I did put the SDcard in without locking it, but didn't do anything except eject it to change it... hope that didn't mess it up..
next, the instructions on the screen that came up say.....
"Please Import Some Data
SleepyHead is pretty much useless without it.
It might be a good idea to check preferences first,
as there are some options that affect import."
First import can take a few minutes."

so I clicked on "SD card/ Import data" icon on the right.. and "sleephead quit unexpectantly" screen came up.. Now what?

Restart SleepyHead and try the import again. Sorry but I did it for the first time so long ago that I don't remember the screens that came up. I'm using a MacBook Pro. All I do remember is that I didn't have any problems. My recollection is that you have to tell SleepyHead where to import the data from and on subsequent imports, it will ask if you want to import from "The Usual" or some other location.
THANKS! Well, I got the data imported and a lot of colorful graphs, but I really have no idea what all it means. I'm tired now, though, so I am going to go to bed and look at it all tomorrow! My numbers look good, noleaks..
Again, I am so THANKFUL I pushed for this machine..
SleepyHead's wiki has some good information on not just how to use the program, but what some of the terms mean.
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl...=Main_Page

Then there is our wiki:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...=Wiki_Home
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Symptoms] Just downloaded OSCAR, feel tired, does anything stand out? coleperkins12 4 632 11-20-2022, 01:43 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
Gross Just downloaded Oscar and overwhelmed imsmitty3 7 870 10-27-2021, 10:55 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Only partial data downloaded to SD card mike231a 12 1,552 07-27-2020, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  30 days in and Downloaded SleepyHead Traveller999 12 2,224 04-08-2018, 02:02 PM
Last Post: MikeyT
  Downloaded sleepy head! Phatkid77 10 2,150 08-25-2017, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Treatment] 3 1/2 weeks in and just downloaded Sleepyhead. TrailerSweetheart 5 1,465 03-21-2017, 08:59 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  I downloaded sleepyhead I_will_never_sleep_again 8 2,620 11-28-2015, 12:47 PM
Last Post: sonicboom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.