Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I feel horrible even while using APAP - advice?
RE: I feel horrible even while using APAP - advice?
(11-01-2019, 11:14 PM)bonjour Wrote: No 2 nights are ever the same.  Some variability is to be expected.  Are they actually centrals, a close up 2 minute view will usually show.

A close-up of the flow limitation graph? How do I get a 2 minute view specifically?
Post Reply Post Reply
Click on your target repeatedly until time span is 2 minutes. You can move that window left and right w the arrow keys
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this of any help? A closer look at the 3 CA events and 1 Hypopnea from the recent charts posted.

Each CA notes 13, 10 and 12. Hypopnea notes 10.

It does indeed appear that my breathing rate went down to nearly nothing and also the hypopnea one looks a little weird in that it seems like I had the hypopnea in the middle of what looks like the same breathing pattern as before and after.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings JMR.

Your Daily chart actually looks really good.

I just have one idea to add to the conversation.  

Average Minute Vent for males when sleeping was reported at 7L/min.    The most recent full night chart you posted showed a nightly Minute Vent. Median of 5.63.   

From personal experience on the odd really bad day when my Minute Vent drops that low and SpO2 bounces a few times off 93% when I wake up and through the day I feel 'worked'.  I feel just a little bit like a truck ran over me while I was sleeping, off my usual happy game and for sure tired.

Just wanted to suggest checking and tracking the Minute Vent Median in OSCAR  (and maybe if SpO2 was a little higher or lower) on days you feel better and days you feel worse to see if a theme develops around that minute vent number being higher or lower.   

Best of luck!
WillSleep

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2019, 09:32 PM)WillSleep Wrote: Greetings JMR.

Your Daily chart actually looks really good.

I just have one idea to add to the conversation.  

Average Minute Vent for males when sleeping was reported at 7L/min.    The most recent full night chart you posted showed a nightly Minute Vent. Median of 5.63.   

From personal experience on the odd really bad day when my Minute Vent drops that low and SpO2 bounces a few times off 93% when I wake up and through the day I feel 'worked'.  I feel just a little bit like a truck ran over me while I was sleeping, off my usual happy game and for sure tired.

Just wanted to suggest checking and tracking the Minute Vent Median in OSCAR  (and maybe if SpO2 was a little higher or lower) on days you feel better and day worse to see if a theme develops around that minute vent number being higher or lower.   

Best of luck!
WillSleep

What can be done to bring that Minute Vent up to average rate?
Post Reply Post Reply
An increase in PS will usually increase volume.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 15 267 1 hour ago
Last Post: iamJB
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 184 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 168 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 86 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 857 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,790 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.