Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I feel like I lost the fight last nigjht! new link
RE: I feel like I lost the fight last nigjht! new link
Also, I will say this just once more.

Stop messing with your pressure. Stop it. You are not giving your body and brain enough time to adjust. No wonder you feel like crap! Any body would! Leave it alone. Pick a pressure or a range and leave it. We cannot help you otherwise.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I feel like I lost the fight last nigjht!
(04-01-2014, 04:57 PM)tired57 Wrote:
(04-01-2014, 04:27 PM)robysue Wrote: Ok---so you are self diagnosing and self treating without a formal diagnosis or help from a doc. That correct?

If that's really the case, let's start at the REAL beginning:

You say that you have not slept well for 5 or 6 years now. Other than the vague "I don't sleep well", how would you describe your sleep when you DON'T use the PAP? What, specifically, is bad about the sleep and what have you previously done to try to fix the sleep problems? Were any of the things you tried even partially successful?

I am tired all day long and can usually take a nap at anytime.
I wake up as tired as I went to sleep.
These, unfortunately, can be symptoms of any number of sleep disorders plus any number of OTHER health conditions. You should have a thorough physical exam by your PCP to rule out whether there are OTHER conditions that might be responsible for how you are feeling.

Quote:I am going to get a Ox meter that I can you all night to get 02 levels which I am sure are really low at times during the night.
Last night was the 4th night using the CPAP, THE 3RD night was the best sleep I can remember in years!
Last night I slightly raised the pressure but I had a bad night. Woke up aching all over with a bit of a head ach.
You are WAY, WAY to new to CPAP to expect any major changes YET. The fact that the third night was good is promising. But there was no reason to raise the pressure last night and I agree with PaulaO2: You need to quit changing the pressures so much. Stick with one pressure for at least a week or so and then evaluate the data. It takes a while for the brain and body to accustom themselves to the pressure and the mask.

Quote:
Quote:Since you think that you have symptoms of OSA, it's also important to see if you can get a straight answer to these questions about the sleep test that you already had: What criteria were used for scoring the hypopneas? Was it the recommended standard (Rule 4.A) or was it the alternative standard (Rule 4.B)?

It's important to understand that for most people, it doesn't much matter which rule is used. But for a few people, the difference in scoring criteria can cause significantly different diagnoses. For example, if you don't tend to desat with hypopneas and you don't have many full fledged apneas, then it's possible that a sleep test will show "no OSA" under the "recommended" standard, but say that you have moderate (or even severe) OSA under the "alternative" standard. On the other hand, if you tend to desat badly with rather minor drops in airflow, it is possible that you might get an OSA diagnosis under the "recommended" standard, but be told the test shows "no OSA" under the "alternative" standard.

???
The short version: There are two ways to score sleep tests and for a small minority of people (including me), the "outcome" of the sleep test depends strongly on which way the sleep test was scored.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 177 9 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 84 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  [Treatment] Lost weight, no doc, can't get my settings right... japesinjapan 9 271 03-21-2024, 01:52 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 827 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 324 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,013 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 895 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.