Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I forgot to add water
RE: I forgot to add water
We got about 3/4 here in Tucson Sunday afternoon. The only problem was it hit when I was going from my car to the door at church. Got there right as it hit. Rained to the point where I turned off my wipers as they couldn't keep up with the rain.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply
Thinking-aboutI is be cornfused now.

"At bedtime, I forgot to put water in it. ... I never noticed a difference" "Turns out, I really need humidity. So, not an option for me."

Used to be I never used the humidifier in the summer. And I still don't when I travel. And I never had any difficulty. And I only use it now because the hose comes out the wrong side of the machine to use by my bed without the humidifier.

Why do somebody not make a 360 deg right angle swivel for hoses?

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
One more potential leak point!

Of course I have never forgotten to fill up my humidifier tank with water. I think the last time was just a week ago or so.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2015, 08:08 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Thinking-aboutI is be cornfused now.

"At bedtime, I forgot to put water in it. ... I never noticed a difference" "Turns out, I really need humidity. So, not an option for me."

Used to be I never used the humidifier in the summer. And I still don't when I travel. And I never had any difficulty. And I only use it now because the hose comes out the wrong side of the machine to use by my bed without the humidifier.

Why do somebody not make a 360 deg right angle swivel for hoses?

OMMOHY

I got an almost 90 deg adapter from Supplier #1 and I can adjust it 360 deg by the position I choose to plug it in, although it will not swivel freely. It is a nice snug fit.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2015, 08:08 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Thinking-aboutI is be cornfused now.

OMMOHY

I think that Mongo is saying that he didn't notice the difference when he went to bed. When he woke up, however, something like a painfully dry mouth convinced him that he definitely needs the humidity.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't notice the difference on the night I forgot to fill the tank.
However, in general, I need humidity or my nasal passages really dry out.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi
I had a situation where the water was very low and over night I had weird sensation, almost a gurgling feeling so being mostly asleep I removed the mask and continued sleeping. The tank was empty when I awoke so I think when the gurgling was occurring it must have been the last of the water was going. The humidity is better for me too; I use a chin strap but I do find dry mouth either way. I never used cpap without water.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away.
"
Hillary Cooper
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2015, 08:13 AM)friedspam Wrote: I used a humidifier for the first several months, I worked out of town quite a bit and got tired hauling distilled water in my pickup to have it frozen hard when it came time to use it in my hotel room. I finally decided it wasn't worth the trouble and it took me about a week to get used to not having the humidified air but that was nine years ago and the last machine I bought I didn't even buy the humidifier.

My suggestion is to try not using it for a while and if you are lucky like me and it doesn't bother you, it's pretty nice having one less thing to mess with each night.

I'm with you -- I just can't be bothered to change the water and do the required cleaning (plus, it always rained on me), so I learned to do without the humidity. It's much less work this way! Now I've bought the side panel insert for my AirSenseP10 which replaces the humidity tank. Makes it smaller for travelling; a side benefit. Smile

Deb
Post Reply Post Reply
Deb,
Good to here you had a similar experience, I was beginning to think I was the only human on earth who could withstand non humidified air.

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2015, 08:08 AM)friedspam Wrote: Deb,
Good to here you had a similar experience, I was beginning to think I was the only human on earth who could withstand non humidified air.

Mike

Nah. I went almost 40 years without it.

When I had the S-8 I usually went all spring/summer/early fall without humidifier attached. The S9 and PR 560 are less suited to my setup in that the outlet points directly away from the bed without the humidifier on the machine so I have used them by default. Usually with the PR 560, on minimal or no heat. On the S9 auto temp setting, the temp I used was usually below room temp (except in winter) so again no heat.

When I am traveling, I forgo the humidifier. No problems. When on battery, no humidifier. No problem.

OMMOHY

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CSpring Water Tank PAPAstro 8 2,084 04-12-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: dean406
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 149 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 193 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,924 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,506 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 207 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 239 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.